Robert Bush 7 p.m., Dec. 7
Spareribs & Sauerkraut Ragout
Submitted by LaPlacaRifa48619
This is a dish I made in the Crock-Pot today. It melds the flavors of sweet, sour, and meaty into a stew (what "Ragout" means in French, btw) that look great and tasted even better.
- 3-4 Country-Styled Pork Spareribs
- 15 ozs can of sauerkraut
- 15 ozs can of sweet corn
- 15 ozs can of marinara sauce
1) Plug in crock pot.
2) Place spareribs in pot.
3) Open can of marinara sauce, pour over ribs.
4) Open cans of sauerkraut and corn, add to pot.
5) Mix together, cover.
The main event.
1) Switch on crock pot. set to low heat.
2) Find other chores to do for 7-8 hours.
3) Switch off crock pot, let cool.
4) Serve and enjoy.
I might reccomend Beano with this dish, since sauerkraut and corn have a tendency to produce much "Southern Wind."
Added Sunday, July 11, 2010