Walter Mencken 11:47 a.m., May 30
Seafood Mac & Cheese
Submitted by LaPlacaRifa48619
By itself, macaroni & cheese is an inexpensive, filling, and easy-to-make dish. It also lends itself well to experimentation. This is a variation that would qualify as a "One-Pot" meal, in that it incorporates pasta, tomato sauce, cheese, fish, and peas. It's a dish that can be used for lunch and/or dinner--and it is filling, trust me!
- 1 lb pasta, non-string type
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- 15 ozs Canned sweet peas
- 10 ozs Sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tins Kippered Herring
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 can Pink Salmon
- 2 dashs Seasoned Salt
Let the experiment begin!
1) Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil in a cooking pot.
2) Open cans.
3) Put pasta into boiling water, cook for 10-12 minutes.
4)Combine tomato soup, peas, and canned fish into large saucepan. Shred-and-add sharp cheddar cheese to sauce. bring to boil, then lower quickly to simmer, stirring moderately.
5) After pasta is cooked, drain and put into serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta and stir.
6) Share and enjoy!
PS: The canned fish provides a decent amount of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Added Saturday, July 3, 2010