Rebecca's Coffee House
Every neighborhood should have a coffee house like this, a high-ceilinged room about 40 feet by 50 feet, full of eclectic antique chairs, couches, and tables. Old-timey windows look out on the busy corner of Juniper and Fern in the hip-yet-homey hamlet of South Park. Local artists’ paintings festoon the walls. Local acts play on the moderately sized stage most nights of the week. The coffee is good and well-made. Deli-style made-to-order sandwiches are just what they should be. The smell of fresh baked goods wafts from the kitchen all day and makes the place feel like a cozy home away from home, particularly on cool days. I love the chocolate banana muffins, and the chocolate cake is straight up awesome. But the scones Rebecca bakes… oh my goodness… golden crusted, steamy-centered perfection.
Friday, June 3, 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 5, 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, June 8, 8:00 p.m.
Friday, June 10, 8:00 p.m.
Every Tuesday, Thursday
|Sunday||midnight to 9 p.m.|
|Monday||5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Thursday||midnight to midnight|
|Friday||midnight to midnight|
|Saturday||midnight to midnight|
- "The jam they give you" · Aug. 6, 2014
- "2014 Guide to the Arts in San Diego" · Feb. 12, 2014
- "Cheapskate's Corner" · Sept. 18, 2013
- "Stringy Things: Wannabe Rock Stars" · Aug. 6, 2013
- "75 reasons to love San Diego" · June 12, 2013
- "Toothsome" · Dec. 7, 2006
- "Best of 2003: Best Scones" · Dec. 25, 2003