The Canyoneers 11:30 a.m., May 27
Mother of God, Our Lady of Poznan (the St. Anthony of Padua Franciscan Church on Castle Hill). A copy of the miraculous crowned painting of Mary with the Infant was placed in the built in 1681 Mother of God Chapel. Two images of St. Anne and St. Joachim are placed on each side in the side panels, figures of angels and St. Michael the Archangel at the top, and images of the guardian Adalbert Zawadzki and Friar Thomas Dybowski (owner of the painting before it was mounted in the church) at the bottom. The altar is flanked by four protective images on two sides (St. Joseph, St. John the Evangelist, St. Francis, and St. Anthony) when the covering of the painting in the central panel is lowered.
Posted October 3, 2012