Ken Harrison 10:30 a.m., May 25
This is a view of St. George's Serbian Orthodox Church located at 3025 Denter Street in Bay Park. This church was established in 1952 and the building was officially dedicated in 1969. According to tileheritage.org the church building was designed by architect George Lykos and the extraordinary interior mosaics were provided and designed by Geiovanni Nastrucci who woked for a Mexico City company called Mosaicos Italianos. The mosaics were installed by Publio Cavallini and Son after the tiles were shipped first to Tijuana and then to San Diego.
Posted April 1, 2010