What do you want done with your body after you die?

Asked by Jane Belanger

July 14, 2010

Jamie Greene

From Gainsville, Florida (English Teacher)

I want to be cremated. I don’t want to take up space in the ground. It’s really creepy to me. I don’t care what’s done with my ashes. Get rid of them. Put them in the water or something, not on a ­mantle.

Brandon Johnson

From North Park (Production Chemist)

I’m an organ donor, so whatever organs they can take, I hope somebody makes good use of ’em. I don’t know what they’ll take of mine…my eyes, my lungs, my liver, or something. I’ve heard of cadavers used for science and stuff like that, but I’m not too worried about it. Once I’m gone, I’m ­gone.

Peter Rose

From Pacific Beach (Canvasser)

I want to be thrown in the water with dynamite, absolutely. I want to be thrown into that trash vortex with dynamite — the Pacific Gyre, it’s the size of Texas, 250 deep — so we all explode ­together.

Carter Wilson

From Solana Beach (Student)

I want to be cremated and thrown in all my favorite spots. Like the mountains where I snowboard in Durango, Colorado; the ocean; my cabin in Prescott, Arizona; like everywhere with the memories I ­had.

Joe McClory

From Del Mar (Draftsman)

I’d like to be cremated and have my ashes spread over the Pacific Ocean because I like the beach and ­surfing.

Michael McGowan

From La Jolla (Grocery Bagger)

I want to be shipped to space. Just floating around in a space suit. That’d be ­sweet.

Comments

Joe Poutous July 16, 2010 @ 10:11 a.m.

You actually think they will be able to scrape enough of my carcase out of the flaming twisted metal to do anything with?

• Joe

antigeekess July 17, 2010 @ 12:34 a.m.

LOL @ Joe. :)

I thought that was vampires, Grantie? It's witches? WHOOP! I'm immortal!!!

Wait, does this mean I never get to retire?

Rocket_J_Squirrel July 17, 2010 @ 9:47 p.m.

Cremate me and flush me ashes down the terlet.

magicsfive July 20, 2010 @ 4:41 a.m.

I am going to donate my body to the body farm. just sayin.

Robert Johnston July 20, 2010 @ 10:09 p.m.

When it is time for me to meet my Creator, all that will be left is an empty husk.

After all is said and done, cremate my husk--then take the ashes to Lemoore and pour them into the Kings River, along with a twelve-pack of Bass Ale!

My body will not be immortal--but my soul will always be, as will my legacy!

--LPR

Founder July 22, 2010 @ 9:52 a.m.

I'm hoping it's NOT going to be vaporized in the "Un-Schelduled Sunrise" of a nuclear blast! ☮

David Dodd July 22, 2010 @ 10:51 a.m.

I am hopeful that there is absolutely no trace of a body to have to deal with when it's time to punch my ticket. That perhaps, mercifully, my wife and kids will be able to say, "Well, we know he's gone, we just don't know where he went."

Joe Poutous July 22, 2010 @ 11 a.m.

Living in TJ, I'm not sure I'd wish for that Refried. If the media is to be trusted, people disappear down there all the time.

BusGreg Aug. 28, 2010 @ 1:09 p.m.

I really don't care. Since I won't be around TO care. But seriously, if there are any parts worth using, go for it or let a university student have fun disecting and learning.