3725 Greenwood Street, Midway District
3000 Upas Street #102, North Park
July 12 & 13 | First Anniversary Extravaganza: Modern Times Beer is celebrating one year over the course of two days at both its Lomaland Fermentorium and North Park Flavordome. Tap lists 16 strong will await partygoers at each location on their respective days, including red wine barrel-aged Oud Bruin, Mega Black House, and Funky Lomaland aged in White Wine Barrels. | Modern Times Beer, 3725 Greenwood Street, Point Loma; 3000 Upas Street, Suite 102, North Park; Multiple Time Slots
805 16th Street, East Village
July 13 | Valle de Guadalupe Harvest & Feast: Death For Food, a consortium of foodies looking to build respect for sourcing of animal proteins, is teaming with world-renowned chef Javier Plascencia for an educational day of seminars and feasting at his farm, which will include tastings of beers brewed specifically for the chef and event by East Village’s Monkey Paw Pub & Brewery. | Finca Altozano, KM 83 Carretera Federal 3, Tecate-Ensenada, 10 a.m.
910 North Harbor Drive, Downtown San Diego
July 13 | Anniversary Party: All aboard the historic ships at the Maritime Museum of San Diego, where Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits will be taking over those vessels and setting up numerous tasting stations stocked with its standard and specialty brews in celebration of the company’s 18th anniversary. It’s great for those who like a side of history with their craft beer. | Maritime Museum of San Diego, 1492 North Harbor Drive, Downtown, 1 p.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- July 10, 4:30 p.m. | Societe Brewing Bachelor Party, West Coast BBQ & Brews, La Mesa
- July 11-12 | Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America, O’Brien’s Pub, Kearny Mesa
- July 14, 1 p.m. | Second Saturday with Green Flash Brewing Co., Hamilton’s Tavern, South Park
- July 14, 6 p.m. | Green Flash Beer Dinner, Plan 9 Alehouse, Escondido
- July 14, 7 p.m. | Karl Strauss Beer Dinner, Uptown Tavern, Hillcrest
- July 14, 7 p.m. | Beer U: Sensory Evaluation, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, Escondido
DISCLAIMER: In addition to his work as a freelance journalist, Brandon Hernández is an employee of Stone Brewing Co.