1521 30th Street, South Park
July 3 | The Big Smoke: Whether its smoke rings on a slow-cooked hunk of brisket or peatiness in a rauchbier straight out of Germany, Hamilton’s Tavern is a proponent of smoldery, smoky goodness. They’ll be offering dual flights of small dishes to be paired with smoke-infused beers from Bamberg’s acclaimed Schlernkerla brewpub as a Fourth of July weekend kick-off. | Hamilton’s Tavern, 1521 30th Street, South Park, 5 p.m.
805 16th Street, East Village
July 3 | Weird Tacolada Cask: Serving beer on cask allows for the inclusion of numerous flavor-enhancing ingredients. Many go with hops, coffee beans, cacao nibs, herbs, and spices. For this session IPA, collaboratively crafted with Ensanada’s Cervezeria Wendlandt at Monkey Paw Pub & Brewery, they’re infusing corn chips, lemon, lime, and tamarind sugar. Ay yay yay! | Monkey Paw Pub & Brewery, 805 16th Street, East Village, 12 p.m.
July 6 | Sierra Nevada Day: Later this month, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company is throwing a big festival in downtown San Diego. Study up on them beforehand with several of their year-round and special edition offerings when Monkey Paw Pub & Brewery devotes an entire day to the Chico brewery responsible for inspiring nearly every one of San Diego’s pro brewers. | Monkey Paw Pub & Brewery, 805 16th Street, East Village, 10 a.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- July 1, 8:30 p.m. | Movie Night, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, Point Loma
- July 3, 5 p.m. | Cask Night, Barrel Harbor Brewing Company, Vista
- July 4, 5 p.m. | Firkin Friday with Mike Hess Brewing, Hamilton’s Tavern, South Park
- July 5, 2 p.m. | Red, White & Brew; Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines, La Jolla
- July 7, 11 a.m. | Hoppy Monday, SD TapRoom, Pacific Beach