1410 Rosecrans Street, Point Loma
August 7 | Summer Bike-In Movie: The Pearl Hotel is the latest stop on Colorado-based, long-time two-wheel enthusiast organization New Belgium Brewing’s Bike-In Cinema route. Pedal your way around Point Loma, then return to The Pearl’s outdoor pool to watch Three Amigos and enjoy New Belgium brews under the night sky. | The Pearl Hotel, 1410 Rosecrans Street, Point Loma, 6 p.m.
155 E. Grand Avenue, Escondido
August 9 | Meet the Brewer: Last week, San Diego Beer News toured downtown Escondido hotspot, Plan 9 Alehouse, sharing what an outstanding beer list they have. That assortment of offerings will include special beers from Iron Fist Brewing Company when the Vista-based interest’s brewmaster Brandon Siemenski stops by to talk beer with thirsty patrons. | Plan 9 Alehouse, 155 E. Grand Avenue, Escondido, 11:30 a.m.
1521 30th Street, South Park
August 9 | Second Saturday: Even if you’ve been to all five of Pizza Port’s brewpubs, you’ve never experienced their beers the way you can during Hamilton’s Tavern monthly beer extravaganza, which will include nearly 30 widely varied beers and pig served three ways (free, no less): ham hock-beet terrine, pulled pork-stuffed peppers, mashed potatoes with pork gravy! | Hamilton’s Tavern, 1521 30th Street, South Park, 1 p.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- Aug. 4, 5:30 p.m. | Beer Pen Monday, Carnitas’ Snack Shack, North Park
- Aug. 5, 8:30 p.m. | Family Movie Night, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, Liberty Station
- Aug. 6, 8 p.m. | L.A.B., SD TapRoom, Pacific Beach
- Aug. 7, 5 p.m. | Stone Enjoy By IPA Cask, O’Brien’s Pub, Kearny Mesa
- Aug. 7, 12 p.m. | Progressive Cask, White Labs, Miramar