September 17 | Chicks for Beer: Hey ladies, feel like a night of craft brew appreciation without fear of having it ruined by those know-it-all beer dudes? Join this Bay Park suds standout for a girls-only evening presided over by representatives from Coronado Brewing Company, who’ll discuss their beers on the outdoor patio while scores of drooling men stare forlornly through the glass. | The High Dive,1801 Morena Boulevard, Bay Park, 7 p.m.
September 18 | Master Pairings—For the Love of Pork: There are beer dinners, and then there are beer dinners! This one will feature six courses utilizing a plethora of pig parts including a hog tongue tostada, pig ear sandwich and pork face croquette—and that’s just one course. Throw in eight expertly paired brews from around the world and it’s a fantastic reason to pig out. | Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Escondido, 1999 Citracado Parkway, Escondido, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 20, 2013, 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Columbia and B Streets
$35 - $40
September 19 | San Diego Festival of Beer: It was the first beer festival I ever attended. The players have changed from the handful of faraway microbrews available in the nineties to the wealth of local and national crafties that are now on display, making it a dependable charity event that, like the American brewing industry, has advanced quite nicely over the years. | Columbia & B Street, Downtown, 6 p.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- September 18, 5 p.m.: Meet the Brewer Night with Ninkasi, Tiger! Tiger! Tavern, North Park
- September 18, 7 p.m.: DrinkAbout, Various Locations, North Park, South Park & Normal Heights
- September 19, 6 p.m.: White Labs Beer Tasting, Museum of Man, Balboa Park
- September 21, 10 a.m.: Beer for Breakfast with Green Flash, Small Bar, University Heights