1441 L Street, East Village
October 25 | Halloween Party: Costumes are optional, but Mission Brewery guarantees to hold up its end of the early All Hallow’s Eve equation, promising beer, music, food trucks and “unlimited scares.” Not sure how that last one will be served up, but the liquid refreshment will come in the form of pints or, if you’re getting beer to-go, Mission’s new 32-ounce "cannon cans". | Mission Brewery, 1441 L Street, East Village, 7 p.m.
2575 Pioneer Avenue #104, Vista
October 22 | Grand Opening: Another week, another new brewery opening. This one’s arrival was foretold by yours truly awhile back. But you can’t drink an article, so stop by and get an early dose of beers cooked up by former El Cajon Brewing Company brewmaster David Meadows. This time around, he’s pulling on personal history living in Europe in crafting his recipes. | Barrel Harbor Brewing Company, 2575 Pioneer Avenue, #104, Vista, 12 p.m.
321 North Broadway, Escondido
October 26 | Zom-Beer Fest: Brewer representatives from all over San Diego will converge in unison like hungry undeads over a still-warm, freshly slain victim for a Halloween-themed beer festival featuring brews from Stone Brewing Co., Rip Current Brewing Company, Aztec Brewing Company, Manzanita Brewing Company, Iron Fist Brewing Company, and more. | Grape Day Park, 321 North Broadway, Escondido, 7 p.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- October 22, 8:30 a.m.: Breweries in Growth (BIG) Symposium, Admiral Baker Clubhouse, Mission Valley
- October 24, 6 p.m.: Ballast Point Beer Dinner, Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, Rancho Santa Fe
- October 25, 3 p.m.: Oktoberfest, Helm’s Brewing, Kearny Mesa
- October 25, 4 p.m.: Cask Night, Manzanita Brewing Company, Santee
- October 26, 5 p.m.: CraftOberfest, Press Box Sports Lounge, El Cajon