Don Bauder 8 p.m., Sept. 1
- As this country rocked like a boat in Galilee’s storms,
- I spent the whole year not losing my belief in God alone,
- just doing as I could what had to be done.
- Laid up, sick, I suffered for more than a month,
- there were many hard things in the family and the world,
- but having endured it all meekly, it proved more valuable
- than any good fortune could have been.
- These days, as I dream bright dreams of the world beyond,
- entrusting all things to His divine Will,
- even if storms are forecast for the coming New Year
- there is nothing I fear.
- — “This Year,” by Ku Sang, (trans. Brother Anthony of Taizé).