August 16 | Food Truck Extravaganza: In addition to offering beers from over 30 San Diego brewing companies at a time, this business sequestered in the wine shop and storage space 57 Degrees offers an expansive parking lot its owners will be putting to use as a landing spot for 10 to 15 food trucks including the likes of Pierogi Truck, Crabcakes911, Not So Fast! | San Diego Brew Project, 1735 Hancock Street, Mission Hills, 5 p.m.
- Saturday, August 17, 2013, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
CSU San Marcos,
333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road,
August 17 | Stone 17th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer Festival: What began as a small Saturday affair in a small North County cul-de-sac has evolved into a two-session craft beer free-for-all, the largest in San Diego, that beer fans and brewers from all over the country flock to yearly. CSU San Marcos will be the site of food, beer, music, revelry, and over 5,000 craft beer enthusiasts. | CSU San Marcos, 333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, Multiple Sessions
August 17 | Pre-Stone Festival Breakfast: Despite the fact that over 50 breweries and their liquid treasures await mere hours and miles away, this purveyor of West Coast and Belgian-inspired brews invites attendees to prime the pump in the space that was Stone’s original brewing facility. Food is free and beer is available at standard prices—certainly makes a case for early rising. | Port Brewing / The Lost Abbey, 155 Mata Way, #104, San Marcos, 8:30 a.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- August 14, 7 p.m.: Drink the Point, Multiple Locations, Point Loma & Ocean Beach
- August 15, 5 p.m.: Sunset, Suds & Social Club, La Bella Vista, Chula Vista
- August 18, 12 p.m.: 5 & A Dime Motor Union Car Show, Green Flash Brewing Company, Mira Mesa
- August 18, 12 p.m.: Sunday Smoked Out – Stout Edition, Brothers Provisions, Rancho Bernardo