Content for Monday, September 9, 2013
- Burger for Breakfast
- Ghost tour and Haunted Grand Horton Hotel in Downtown San Diego
- Group of 15 immigrants stranded at sea off the coast of Baja California rescued
- Former customs officer gets 78 months for taking bribes
- Shames loses libel lawsuit against Aguirre
- Bob White's California Strategies partners agree to $40,000 covert lobbying fines
- Owner of Oggi's Pizza and Brewing files class action lawsuit over 2011 blackout
- Open registration for SANDAG Rideshare Challenge
- Dig a hole: Cal Worthington
- Fletcher gets cash from city leaseholder also backing Faulconer
- Trailer Park: The Art of the Steal
- Burglar caught in El Cajon
- Lorraine Castellanos salutes Eydie at 98 Bottles
News & Stories
Leucadia coffee house's espresso boldly challenges the artsy java of the cutting edge coffee shops
Despite the fact that Lofty gets all the credit for fancy North County java, Café Ipé (970 North Coast Highway, 760-436-2233, rhymes with eBay) is equally serious about coffee production. The coffee shop has partnered ...
Architect appeals to California Coastal Commission to stop project
An appeal before the California Coastal Commission meeting on September 11 in Eureka against the planned larger home by Mitt and Ann Romney has been postponed. Architect and longtime La Jolla resident Anthony A. Ciani ...
Visit the hometowns of James Brown, Brer Rabbit, Flannery O'Connor and more.
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, real or fictional, Georgia was the home of some of our most memorable, iconic characters. Seeing their birthplaces is not merely about roaming from town to town. Rather, it’s learning ...
Turbans are making the rounds out and about in San Diego. The fashionable headpieces aren’t only for bad hair days. Fashionistas in SD are taking their cues from the likes of Joan Crawford and Carrie ...
With the World Cup of Composers becoming a mammoth, it's time for a review.
This World Cup of Composers is a much larger undertaking than I first imagined. With that in mind I think it is wise to review where we are in the process. This is a single ...
A composer hands a chorus line dancer a box full of musical scores – most of them rejects – and says, “do what you can.” The songs have something to do with love: longing for, ...
Bursting-at-the-seams company’s new brewery-restaurant
For the better part of its existence, Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits epitomized slow craft brewing company growth. Owner Jack White and long-time head brewer Yuseff Cherney seemed content to let Karl Strauss and Stone ...
Immigrants’ rights activist helped Border Angels and many more
People brought their memories and respect for Micaela Saucedo to Friendship Park on Sunday, September 8, for a small, sweet remembrance of the woman who worked to help the deported, displaced, endangered, and lost along ...