Content for Tuesday, September 3, 2013
- Holding the Bag-Pensions
- Padres home at last to drop Giants
- Alleged robbery was just a weapons check, attorney suggested
- Fourth annual All My Friends Music Festival announces lineup
- Strange Stage Stories from San Diego Musicians: Ariel Levine (The Distractions), Victor Penalosa (The Phantoms), Allison Adams Tucker and Michael Head (Country Rockin Rebels) + Mike Peters (The Alarm)
- State still struggles to pass tax exemption for short sales
- U-T owner Manchester moves more big money into San Diego GOP
- Tips, lies, and the Linkery
- Sheriff's department to seek reimbursement for search-and-rescue costs
- Fox Theatre San Diego, BCSH: Before Copley Symphony Hall
- Azuki Sushi: The fifth app.
News & Stories
Travels in the country's storybook-perfect wild north.
I had been here before. A deep breath of ocean air, a taste of mist, and I was in some beautiful place from my dreams – on the edge of water so still, I forbade ...
For many in the north-central Kansas town of Concordia, the 67-turbine Meridian Way Wind Farm has brought the most excitement and economic promise they have seen in decades. Eight miles south of town, the wind turbines tower over 20,000 acres of wheat fields and pastures. On a clear day, the three-megawatt generating turbines — the largest on-shore models in the United States — can be seen for miles.
Tai Chi and running could save your running life
I continue to be surprised at the number of runners who haven't heard of Chi Running and of those who have, how few of them do it. Chi Running is a system of running developed ...
For those who get it, Das Rheingold is a better name than Götterdämmerung for Stone's anniversary offering.
San Diego’s Stone Brewery has issued a Götterdämmerung IPA. Those dudes must have stones if they’re going to name an India Pale Ale after a German opera which depicts the end of the world. I ...
Would-be retiree lured out of easy life by brewing bug
Some people just aren’t cut out for retirement. Such is the case with Steve Munson, a long-time homebrewer who, rather than ride off into the twilight of life, has decided to follow his passion for ...