Content for Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Found: Missing boy sought in Santee
- Motorcyclist charged with felony for punching bad driver
- Tolerating Zona Norte
- California taxpayers spend $717M annually subsidizing benefits for fast food workers, new report claims
- El Cajon man caught burgling vehicle in Walmart parking lot
- Local lawyers disciplined by state bar
- Filner pleads guilty to one felony, two misdemeanor counts
- County Office of Education hit with warning letter over travel freebies
- County funds new access point to Otay Valley Regional Park
- ILYA reunites after two-year hiatus
- Horse Lords: Baltimore's microtonal math kraut
News & Stories
Casey Kasem, the voice of Scooby Doo, suck-up extraordinaire on The Jerry Lewis Telethon, and the one man who can count backwards better than all others has been absent from the limelight for some time ...
Commercials generally don't offer viewers much to chew on. Next time you're confronted with 10 minutes of pre-show advertisements, try munching on popcorn as a means of counteracting the effects of subliminal seduction. According to ...
"Going all the way to Barrow?" the Alaska Air ticketing agent confirms somewhat incredulously. "Yes." "And just one of you traveling today?" "Yes." "You're fortunate the flight is leaving as scheduled. It's rather cold there ...
Downtown's shabby corner is reborn - healthy
Trotting down Broadway around nine at night, heading to the brick hotel where the Greyhound Depot used to be, at First Avenue. Used to be a pretty shabby corner, too. But recently I'd seen signs ...
San Diego men put a unique spin on Aztec print
Everyone and their mom is wearing tribal print clothing. It’s on backpacks, sweatshirts, shoes, and leggings. It’s to 2013 what Hypercolor shirts were to 1991. I recently ran into two men wearing the trend. Each ...
New Oceanside brewery set to open this week
Most of the beer writing I’ve done regarding the coastal municipality of Oceanside has revolved around the highly anticipated work-in-progress Bagby Beer Co. Its debut is scheduled for next spring, but O-siders won’t have to ...
Commuter says he’ll stop using his bicycle as work transportation
A different kind of transportation made its debut at Lake Murray on October 14 at about 2:30 p.m. A long, hot-dog-shaped, bright red car/bike rolled along past joggers and walkers as they stared. As it ...