Content for Tuesday, October 8, 2013
- Dave Douglas and Vinny Golia top this week in jazz
- Postal Service numbers reveal weak U-T circulation
- Man accused of cutting-up-wife died in custody
- Gourmet On 5th: Not French enough?
- El Cajon man shoots teenage burglary suspect
- Pro-Kevin Faulconer committee receives $110,000 from Building and Restaurant Industry PACs
- GOP fat cats go after super rich Qualcomm Democrats in mayoral proxy war hit piece
- Review: David Alvarez's 'Building Blocks' commercial
- Bittersweet ending to health care battle
News & Stories
Oh, at about 17,500 miles per hour
The International Space Station will overfly San Diego this evening, October 8, at 6:59 p.m. The station will appear as bright as Venus. It is approximately 220 miles above the Earth and traveling at 17,500 ...
National City restaurant somehow fits karaoke and skewered pig's blood under one roof.
The Philippines is known for wild street foods. Balut (usually much younger and soupier than the Vietnamese fashion) is probably the most famous, but the list includes all manner of intense little skewered and barbecued ...
I know people who’ve vowed never to see the 1967 movie again. Even though they know what’s coming: just when you think it’s safe at 27B Grogan Street, Greenwich Village, Alan Arkin’s full profile dives ...
Three new branch libraries in the works
A few days after its opening, the San Diego Central Library’s board of commissioners met on the ninth floor of the new building on October 2. The monthly meeting, always open to the public, was ...
Local ways to let the good times roll, craft-style
October 8 | Listening & Tasting Party: Due to permitting, many San Diego breweries aren’t allowed to provide live entertainment. Bummer, right? So, the opportunity to spend time bobbing along with The Silent Comedy at ...
What they wore at La Mesa Oktoberfest
The first sight I saw upon my arrival at La Mesa’s annual Oktoberfest was this guy, holding a bullhorn asking people if they wanted to go to Heaven or Hell. Talk about a buzz kill. ...
Duo sued to prevent dredging in Tijuana River Valley
The lawyers who launched the demise of mayor Bob Filner used Filner's final days in office to wrangle over the legal fees the city owed them for a lawsuit that blocked the dredging of the ...