Content for Friday, May 31, 2013
- A rough guide to music at Art Around Adams
- OPENING TONIGHT UPDATE: American Mary
- Encinitas bans plastic bags, sets sights on banning plastic people
- Black Spider-Man: threat or menace?
- Love, Darlene
- Apartment complex is San Diego's first to go 100% solar, builders say
- Thwarted advice to a beginning golfer
- For the millionth time: "Wipe Out"
- New releases opening this week: Before Midnight, The Matchmaker, and more
- Ethiopia, San Diego, Part Three: Harar
- Forensic expert interviewed 9-yr-old girl
- Man accused of child abuse testified in his own defense
- Employer participation lagging in summer jobs program
- Fundraiser for Brokers bassist, Emo, set for June 1 at Larry's Beach Club
- A little night muesli: Swami’s La Mesa
News & Stories
Crows ’n’ Ravens 101
Winona Sollock, a Mission Trails Regional Park trail guide and resident birder, used to collect parrots and moved with 65 birds in 1988 to "the last house on a hill" east of Temecula. Sollock bred ...
Food-trailer owner theorizes as to why
Shoppers arriving at the Encinitas Home Depot over Memorial Day weekend were disappointed to see the Dog House Diner was gone. The popular 1950s-style food stand sat at the entrance to the store for over ...
Call him “O.B. Barney”?
The San Diego lifeguard statue in Ocean Beach, dedicated in a ceremony last week (May 23), has been vandalized. Last night, May 30, someone painted portions of the statue in three different colors. In a ...
Beery beast belongs outside shadow cast by Sculpin and Victory At Sea.
Three days of long nights, and the perpetrator is a fellow ex-pat named Mike Stax. The 30-year anniversary of Stax’s magazine, Ugly Things, was celebrated by players past and present. Santa Ana’s the Neumans kicked ...
Fear and gyros: illusory roadside attraction in the Mojave.
What am I doing out here in the middle of the desert? The lights of Las Vegas are a distant memory, faded away into the early morning, and now about a hundred miles into the ...