Content for Thursday, May 30, 2013
- Mariners get split with Padres in final Vedder Cup game of series
- Grantville Action Group loses at appeals court level
- Festival de Musica & Arte Pacifico: the sights and sounds of Mexicali's underground
- Filner rips hotel moguls as secret 8 a.m. lawsuit session looms tomorrow
- Grand Jury transcripts--are there hidden costs to bond construction?
- Levy, Zlatkovich & Sprague live at Dizzy's
- World Famous Mud Run
- Landmark Theatres Marketing Coordinator makes some noise
- Medical Marijuana advocacy group Americans for Safe Access sued over trademark infringement
- Advice to a beginning golfer
- Vedder Cup secured as Padres slip by Mariners
- Predator drones and Qualcomm cash likely to finance Peters-DeMaio clash
- Port, partners awarded for wetlands restoration project
- Did I miss Bob Hope's birthday?
- Sneak Peek: AVANT
- Ethiopia, San Diego, Part Two: Awash Market
- Ballpark: Bye El Vitral, hi Southpaw
News & Stories
Nurse passing by does CPR
A man fell to the ground, suffering from a apparent heart attack while jogging in Balboa Park on Wednesday, May 29. A woman, walking by with her husband, turned out to be a registered nurse ...
San Diego may not quite qualify as America’s Fittest City, but the region is definitely in the hunt, according to figures newly released from the American College of Sports Medicine. The group’s sixth annual report ...
Yes, prancercise, as in prance like a pony.
Every now and then a fitness idea arrives which cannot be ignored. That is not to say that it shouldn’t be ignored but that it is impossible to ignore. There is a vast menagerie of ...
Projectionist loses job
The South Bay Drive-In Theatres on Coronado Avenue in South San Diego recently updated its projection booths to digital. The digital conversion is being forced on all movie theaters by the major movie studios, which ...
More traffic, but more property tax revenue also
After a nearly two-and-a-half-hour hearing, the La Mesa City Council on May 28 voted 4-1 on actions to allow the construction of a 198-unit apartment complex on an 8.64-acre site located at 7834 Parkway Drive. ...
Pristine tropical beaches, no development.
On the west coast of India, the state of Karnataka has a spectacular 300-kilometer-long rocky coastline dotted with pristine white sand beaches. The most popular are Murudeshwar, Kumta, Malpe, Gokarna and Maravanthe. Along Karnataka’s coast, ...