Content for Monday, May 20, 2013
- Café Paris: Flying the Flag
- FYF Fest celebrates 10 years with blowout lineup
- Aunt and uncle get prison for “pimping” their 12-yr-old niece
- Sentences for defense, loan modification scams
- Should San Diego dump its 30-year-old sign ordinance in portions of downtown to create an Arts and Entertainment District?
- Pot in pots, pepper pallets -- and tires
- Filner speaks out against gag order in federal pot case
- Manchester divorce: is second try the charm?
- I love a good ghost story.
- Oceanside International Film Festival seeks submissions
- Landslide of mailers in Chula Vista for one 80th district assembly candidate
- Sensori Collective: a member-supported community center for beatmakers
- Two homecare nurses sentenced to time already served
- Padres crush Nationals to earn series split
- Imperial Beach checkpoint leads to two drunk driving arrests
- Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo, Ion Theatre (part one)
- Websense agrees to be purchased for $24.75 a share
- Truly epic lunch at Felix's BBQ in Lincoln Park
- U R Old
- Spanish lovers at San Diego Symphony
- Rancho Guejito served with cleanup order
- Alleged sicarios apprehended in Tijuana police murder
- Mexico vows to create missing persons investigation unit
- New desert power plant could ease stress of continued San Onofre shutdown
News & Stories
Rugs, sinks, locks, doors, deep-fat fryers...
Rebuilding Together San Diego's Logan Heights warehouse is jammed to the ceiling with rugs, cabinets, light fixtures and wiring, doors and windows, and even deep-fat fryers for turkey and the oil used to cook them. ...
Belly dancers and nuke protesters
Strollers in Balboa Park on Sunday, April 19, were treated to a colorful and exotic treat as Sabrina Fox and her belly-dance students put on a show near the large fountain in front of the ...
Ancient Japan at its finest: bronze Buddhas, towering pagodas, sacred (and tame) deer.
In its history as a unified nation, Japan has had three major capitals. Tokyo (the modern capital) and Kyoto (the longest-serving capital) garner most of the international visitors. Tokyo draws those who want to see ...
Munition is at least 125 years old
Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific (SPAWAR) reported that one of its Navy dolphins discovered an old torpedo last month just off the shore of the Hotel Del Coronado, during a mine-hunting training exercise. ...