Content for Monday, March 18, 2013
- Natural Log Skateboards bring handcrafted decks to Lafayette Hotel & Swim Club
- Two female victims found dead within 48 hours near U.S. border in Tijuana
- Print media, TV news hit hard last year, says Pew study
- Wife of port scandal figure gives big to Bruce Williams cause
- Who ordered the Godzilla remake?
- Dependent Origination live at the Taoist Sanctuary
- Neurologists recommend stricter concussion guidelines
- San Diego Bureau of Cultural Tourism reports record influx of Irish for St. Patrick's Day
- Scammers target owners of Mexican timeshares
- Critics ask: is Manchester's U-T just a prop for Holman's Reader?
- Manchester releases statement on plan to repurpose U-T's Mission Valley headquarters
- PGR: Drug related crimes plummeting in Baja California
- City to spend $7 million to shore up two sewage pump stations that failed during September 2011 blackout
- Lobbyist White makes hay simultaneously handling city of Malibu and U2's the Edge
- Tartine and the two coffee cakes
- Opfrey and Spielbug whomp 'Scorcese' on Forbes list of 2013's 'most influential' celebs
- St. Patrick's weekend DUI checkpoints net two drunk drivers
- Coronado: Red corned beef, green beer
News & Stories
Three hours into St. Paddy’s Day, 19 arrested
Sheriff's deputies and state Alcoholic Beverage Control agents arrested 19 people in a weekend crackdown in Encinitas. In a news release issued at 4 a.m. on Sunday, March 17, the sheriff's department said it had ...
See the real Mexico in its traditions.
“The word death is not pronounced in New York, in Paris, in London, because it burns the lips. The Mexican, in contrast, is familiar with death, jokes about it, caresses it, sleeps with it, celebrates ...
Radio station warns they’ll call cops
Josh Hammond, director of promotions and marketing at 91X, took to the station’s Facebook and Twitter pages on Friday, March 15, to put out the alert that "we have a serious problem." He posted an ...
An end to the rumors
The privately owned, five-state In-N-Out Burger chain has secured property just east of the I-5 at Encinitas Blvd — currently the site of a Del Taco. Meetings with city planners will take place this week. ...