Content for Friday, June 7, 2013
- National Get Outdoors Day: free entry to parks
- Bat Lords summon serial killers and brutality
- Odorous, foul-tasting water is perfectly safe, Poway assures residents
- The Soft Pack at The Irenic
- La Jolla Symphony Finale
- What's in a nickname?
- Coastal property in Southern California?
- 4th row center: Zombie Strippers
- Celebrate the USA at the Rancho San Diego Library
- Hi, Brad!
- New releases opening this week: The Internship, Wish You Were Here and more
- Brad Pitt to make 'surprise' appearance at San Diego County Fair?
- Review: Violet & Daisy
- San Diego's Top 6 Ethiopian Restaurants
- California's political watchdog OKs media moonlighting by Assembly staffer in San Diego
- City slapped with another lawsuit over broken sidewalks
- Republicans touting April poll supporting DeMaio's Congressional bid
- U.S. gains 175,000 jobs in May
- THE BAJA PANGA: Fishing the Old Fashioned Way!
- Edison shutting down San Onofre permanently
- San Onofre closed permanently, says plant operator
- Chula Vista: Skins + artichokes = dinner
- Stay Strange debuts as label with Monochromacy cassette
- Tape Deck Mountain announces new album, releases single Always Lie
News & Stories
Truly world class smoke- and chili-infused beer in Santee
Held every other year, the World Beer Cup is the largest brewing competition on Earth. Medals earned there are proudly displayed as they equate to big-time bragging rights. One expects to see popular, veteran operations ...
Miramar brewery without two highly touted veterans from preseason roster.
Nearly triple the capacity of the old one
Helix Water District recently replaced its 64-year-old “Homelands” tank to increase the facility’s water-storage capacity to 800,000 gallons, enhance system reliability, and satisfy current seismic requirements. Located in an unincorporated area of San Diego County, ...
Australia’s finest, Tame Impala, gave all in the house an early surprise by joining opening act Jonathan Wilson onstage for his final number. Wilson and his band had played a solid set, although for most ...
Spirited storytelling and vodka lessons from a master bartender.
The bar at Moscow’s Marriott Grand Hotel on Tverskaya Street – a hop, goose step and jump up the road from the Kremlin – is the place to learn the fine art of drinking vodka, ...
Indie darlings Rilo Kiley called an end to its decade-spanning run in 2011. For those still tuning in, the band has released rkives, an 18-track compilation full of unreleased tracks and demos. rkives spans the ...
Contractors paid $1400 to his nutritional supplement company
Two brothers, Hector and Loreto Romero, were local contractors for Sweetwater Union High School District. Their company was named HAR Construction. They had landed an $8.5 million contract with Southwest High School and a $6.5 ...