Content for Thursday, June 6, 2013
- Too late to run a 5K at UCSD
- Music is Art: an audio/visual collaboration between local beat label and an Amsterdam art gallery
- Up to 20% discount at local businesses for cyclists
- Review: Wish You Were Here
- Enterprise zones a flop, says new study
- Cunningham worries about local housing bubble
- Recipients of half of Sempra non-profit cash unidentified in disclosure
- Man gunned down at hamburger stand in Rosarito
- Dig a pool: Esther Williams
- Let the Wright one in
- Cathy Driscoll, owner of popular commercial fishing wharf, dies in reported suicide
- Insistent/Bite Me Bandit pleads guilty
- Words from Hitesh
- Becoming Cuba at North Coast Rep
- Ethiopia, San Diego, Part Six: Awash Restaurant
- 4th row center: Yesterday
- Gonzalez hires head staffers
- Navy man found guilty of 21 felonies by San Diego jury
News & Stories
Artist pleased with imperfect outcome
On Wednesday, May 29, local artist Giancarlo Pia installed his first outdoor large-scale mural — on the north wall of Jaroco Market at the corner of 25th and B streets. At approximately 17’5” wide by ...
I love sports. Watching them, mostly (Padres, Giants, Red Sox, Galaxy, Xolos, Chivas, Sounders, U.S. men’s soccer, MLS, EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Liga MX, MLB, NFL, NBA, tennis, NHL, and billiards, which is too ...
Falls out of manmade nest
At about 8 a.m. on June 5, a baby osprey fell out of its nest, situated near the two-mile mark on the path that goes around Lake Murray. A more-fortunate sibling managed to remain in ...
Don't listen to the doom and gloom
College grads, Class of 2013- congratulations, you did it! Now what? Well, first off you can tell all the naysayers and pessimists in the media, your family, and your group of friends to back off ...
But you will have to take all your clothes off.
Brook Castrejón Solis, artists’ model booking agent, explains what it takes to make it as a figure-drawing model. First, please tell me what you do. I am one of a few artists’ model booking agents ...
Four hours from Mexico City, this colonial getway awaits.
A hundred and eight miles from the city of Puebla in the foothills of the Sierra Madre Oriental, mystical Cuetzalan is dotted with waterfalls, springs and natural pools set in tropical forest. Most guidebooks describe ...
It goes far beyond baseball
Jackie Robinson is an MVP once again, more than six decades after he broke baseball’s color barrier and became the most valuable player in the National League. Robinson died in 1972, yet he casts every ...
Eight in the past couple weeks
It seems there has been a series of home burglaries in the past couple of weeks in the Sunset Cliffs neighborhood. After I registered to nextdoor.com (an info-sharing site similar to the Reader’s Holler pages, ...