Content for Friday, July 26, 2013
- Making art in the museum: Joshua White Quintet
- 4th row center: The naked projectionist
- Shot Cabo, a taste revolution on Revolución
- Bankrupt Detroit to subsidize hockey arena for billionaire
- North Island employees use furlough days to protest furloughs
- Poster Time: Emily Blunt gets sporty, spacey
- Oh, by the way: The Conjuring
- Oh, by the way: Only God Forgives
- Mayor to take off two weeks for therapy
- God Himself attempts to prevent Mayor Filner from taking leave of office
- New movie releases this week: Storm Surfers 3D, The Wolverine and more
- Talking, but not drinking, beer at the Oceanside Library
- Jan Goldsmith's "Hair": "Bob Filner sexually harassed me."
- NBC 7 Microphone: "Bob Filner sexually harassed me."
- Drone maker's Feinstein-announced fiancée says mayor touched her
- Gloria Allred: "Bob Filner sexually harassed me."
- In search of the Filner headlock
- First look at Lucky Bastard Saloon
- Burglar targets Poway office parks
- Medical Marijuana aka Smoke Shop 25 feet from Charter School?
- Cusco, Christ, And Coca Tea: Peru served up all three.
News & Stories
Rookie operation delivers big, intriguing flavors via a hybrid beer style.
Top-tier users foot the bill, city council miffed (except for Mayor Abed)
At the Escondido City Council meeting on July 24, Juanita Hayes, one of SDG&E’s public affairs managers, gave a presentation describing her company’s latest rate hike scheduled to be effective September 1. “If you have ...
San Diego author talks about her new book, Bodies of Water, getting lost in the past, and finding the seeds of a novel surprisingly close to home.
Chill out on the Adriatic coast.
If you’ve visited the major sites in Italy and yearn for something unique and different, consider Civitanova Marche, a pleasant seaside village with a distinctive local flavor. The little fishing town and seaside resort in ...
Power outage lasts a few hours
During the early evening on July 25, an underground transformer overheated and exploded on Dickens Street in Point Loma. Power was knocked out at homes and businesses along the bayfront, from North Harbor Drive and ...
Kazakhstan national can’t get her daughter back
East Village along the top of the Market Street hill, just past the Park and Market trolley stop, is a fine place for a memorable date or simply a night out with friends: wine-and-cheese bistros, ...
If the line to the men's room was any indicator, there were a lot of old guys at Humphreys reliving their prog-rock heydays. And that goes as well for the old guys onstage, a 60 ...