Content for Friday, July 12, 2013
- Mayor Filner: PLEASE don't resign
- U.S. University put on probation by WASC
- Mayor Filner welcomes an investigation proclaiming he is innocent
- Why have the Republicans been following Filner with private investigators for years
- Delivering in the moment: Joshua White Quintet
- Deportees kill five in Tijuana
- Leap Wireless shares zoom on AT&T purchase agreement
- Movies opening this week: Pacific Rim, The Way, Way Back and more
- Who needs Kaiju and Jaegers when it's Bobby-D vs. Jay-Z?
- U-T San Diego issues apology for Filner typo
- The Downtown San Diego Partnership set to receive another $5.8 million in taxpayer subsidies to manage the Clean and Safe Program
- Mayor's former Transparency Czar repeats murky call for his resignation
- Interview with The Way, Way Back co-writers and co-directors Jim Rash and Nat Faxon
- Memories of Prague
- Santee approves environmental review for electronic billboard
- In wake of scandal, Mayor Filner to propose new Weak Mayor guidelines
- As office sex charges swirl, mayor reports getting new leather sofa
- Author's Hidden Life With the Man Who Played Patton
- Martin & Lewis address their critics
- Local company to launch Dennis Rodman "signature vodka"
- Padres lose to Giants and are alone in the cellar
News & Stories
An ale inspired by craft beer bar owners doing right by beer fans
Though Societe Brewing Company (8262 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, Kearny Mesa) is a young business (its two-day, four-session first anniversary celebration takes place this weekend), owners and brewers Douglas Constantiner and Travis Smith possess a deep-seated ...
Rubble field extends at least 25 feet
This morning, July 11, a beach at Sunset Cliffs displayed a reminder of the dangers of being too near the bluffs. Many of our county beaches are backed by sandstone cliffs. While they add a ...
Smeary, I was going to say. But smeary implies an overall indifference to control. This stuff, collected from 1969 in Europe, demonstrates control on multiple levels — if it achieves smeariness, it does so if ...
The audience waited. The roadies slipped offstage. Finally, the spotlights blazed to reveal...a skinny guy holding an accordion. Weird Al Yankovic came to the San Diego County Fair and with his “polka axe,” he held ...
Did Prius driver stop unnecessarily?
A July 10 rear-end collision on the northbound I-5 Birmingham Drive on-ramp caused one car to be pushed over the side of the freeway. At around 7:15 p.m., a navy-blue Toyota Prius stopped on the ...