Content for Tuesday, January 22, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: Child Thief Detained in Tecate; Women Stole Batteries
- Baja & Border News Translations: Tandem Bicycles Donated; Drug Arrests
- Desert Daze music festival heads to Mecca
- Top San Diego Events Through January 30
- Stone Age in Middletown? Not So Fast food at 57 Degrees
- Man who rescued domestic violence victim was rammed by car
- Bag of meth was hanging over the baby's crib, police say
- Lobbyist for billionaire’s Balboa Park makeover throwing Filner fundraiser
- Residents oppose moving large scale events like Earth Day to Balboa Park's West Mesa
- Determined gangster yelled at police as he was led away to prison
- Man robs Imperial Beach Pharmacy at gunpoint
- CLEANING UP THE CANYON IN ENCANTO
- Former head of SD company charged in $28 million stock fraud
- Filner takes on the La Mesa sewage spill!
- Filner takes on Mickelson!
- City of La Mesa's aged sewer system sends millions of gallons of raw sewage into bay and ocean
- I couldn't
- UC San Diego application spike sets record
- Trailer Park: Olympus Has Fallen
- Baja & Border News Translations: 30% of Tijuana Transportation Drivers have Diabetes; Possible Dangerous Current Warning for Tijuana
- Michael Tiernan & Lee Coulter still ducking “real jobs”
- Clive Owen likes vodka
- Kamikaze 7 crashing into Gaslamp
- Boar burger fail
- Lost in Hillcrest: the funniest intersection in town
- Local Tuesdays
- Baja & Border News Translations: Accused of Shooting; Kidnapped for Money "to Marry and Study"
- Baja & Border News Translations: Some Offices Cause Employee Illnesses
- Baja & Border News Translations: Uniform Vouchers Delivered to Students; First Workshop for Children with Autism
- Baja & Border News Translations: 25 Road Accidents per day in Tijuana; Crime Victims in BC do not have Specialists’ Attention
- Baja & Border News Translations: Street Lighting Concession Stalled; Teachers Trained in Basic Education
- More bad news for Fresh & Easy stores
- Double-digit leap in SD housing values
- Point Loma's coffee roaster
- Judge calls disgraced Border Patrol agent "an abomination" at sentencing
News & Stories
Discounts State Dept. warnings
Together with Tijuana mayor Carlos Bustamante and border entrepreneurs, on January 21 San Diego mayor Bob Filner dismissed U.S. State Department–issued travel-alert warnings for visitors to Tijuana and Mexicali. According to Uniradioinforma, Filner said, "I ...
Goodbye, longhorns; hello, pixels
In Lakeside on January 17, the finishing touches were put on the new Lakeside Rodeo marquee. The old sign was put up in the early ’70s and was showing signs of wear. The cost of ...
Wildlife encounter on the Rio Grande.
It’s 5:30 a.m., 27 degrees and pitch-black dark on a November morning in New Mexico. I’m standing in a small group on a wooden platform built out over the water named “The Flight Deck.” Although ...
Booze rules and limited hours discussed
At a January 17 town-hall meeting in La Mesa, Ted Crisostomo, Neighborhood Watch captain for the Dalhart Avenue and Dallas Street area, objected to the possible opening of a 24-hour 7-Eleven near the Big Lots! ...