Content for Thursday, February 28, 2013
- You Should Read 'Who's Minding the Store' Because...
- Ali Baba’s in Sorrento Valley: Fast company, fast fish
- Padres drop another one to the Royals in spring training
- 10 reasons why Steve Spielberg will be jury president at Cannes Film Festival
- Accreditor puts Bridgepoint on notice
- Rudresh Mahanthappa & Gamak live in University Heights, March 3
- Sinaloa drug cartel names U.S. Attorney Duffy its Woman of the Year
- Approaching a new brewing Benchmark
- SPECTRE fails in effort to purchase San Onofre for new headquarters
- Ephemeral Groucho
- Medical marijuana proponents petition for removal of US Attorney Duffy
- New Iron Man poster reveals new armor!
- Heat Bar and Kitchen
- Filner sets up ballot battle committee
- $2.1 million police vehicle purchase approved
- Overnight jail fight at Chula Vista facility, Sheriff says
- El Centro clothing contingent Bujwah opens shop in Golden Hill
News & Stories
Resupply vessel to be nearby
On Friday, March 1, at 6:20 pm, the International Space Station and the Dragon unmanned resupply ship will be visible for three minutes, flying "in formation" over the San Diego skies. Both ships will be ...
Zoning in question, residents leery
The bombshell arrived at Escondido Country Club area residents’ mailboxes on Saturday, February 23, in the form of a blue postcard announcing the demise of Escondido Country Club. It was well known locally that the ...
Just 2 hours from S.D., the great outdoors can still have its surprises...
As a young woman on a budget, I've found many ways to travel on the cheap, and one of my favorite destinations is Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in east county San Diego. It's close, it's ...
There is nothing worse than looking like a tourist. Out-of-towners tend to wear sensible shoes and sun hats. They’re usually pasty and constantly reapply sunblock. They like to order fish tacos coupled with oversized margaritas ...
...and other challenges faced by substitute teachers
Colleen Burkett-Christopher explains what it takes to become a substitute teacher. First please tell me what you do. I’m a substitute teacher. I ensure continuity of education in a classroom when the permanent teacher is ...
$9000 scared up for “ghostly” Gaslamp museum
The Gaslamp Museum/William Heath Davis House downtown has been refurbished. The San Diego City Council on February 26 approved $9000 to reimburse the museum for some overdue improvements. The Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation manages the ...
Pharmacy is a growing and lucrative field
If prescription drug advertisements are driving you crazy, perhaps you should ask your doctor for a prescription… or become a pharmacist yourself. The side effects of becoming a pharmacist include interesting work, a big paycheck, ...
A camera gives the author license to steal in Northwest Vietnam.
“Also, being a photographer gives you a license to steal experiences that you ordinarily wouldn’t have. You enter into other people’s worlds who are usually very highly specialized, very rare.” ~ Jay Maisel I love ...