Content for Friday, February 22, 2013
- Padres beat Mariners 9-3 in charity game opener to spring training
- SDGE, SCE must justify charging customers for idle San Onofre
- Interview with Bless Me, Ultima stars Luke Ganalon and Castulo Guerra
- Declining to take public questions, tax-backed tourism board votes to sue Filner
- New releases opening this week
- Cipher expert hired to decode message in murder case
- Mexicali weirdpunk: Maniqui Lazer and Batwings at The Office
- Trailer Park: the mundane horrors of Dark Skies
- We’re Not Playin' Anymore at The Spot Barrio Logan
- Housing sales, values both nose dive in January
- Padres launch investigation into players' use of performance-depressing drugs
- Home Brew Mart to debut The Homework Series
- Beer of the Week: Celebrator 25th Anniversary Double Pale Ale
- Take a mini-nature tour of the Buena Vista Creek Ecological Reserve, with a stop at the Historic Marron-Hayes Adobe
- Espresso on the go at Ride On
- New airport maps could influence land use, disclosure requirements in Point Loma/Ocean Beach
News & Stories
Winter wonder mesmerizes our guy in the sky
Plenty of snow in downtown Julian this morning. I flew over at 9 a.m. in a light plane at 8000 feet above sea level, about 2000 feet above the ground, and was mesmerized by the ...
The problem with travel writing in Switzerland is that there are no problems. Every writer knows there has to be a little sand in his shoe, some gritty irritation to kick off a story either ...
Does the city depend on “emergency” caveat to skirt law?
Dredging of the flood-prone Smuggler's Gulch channel and the Tijuana River that had been allowed to proceed was again halted on Thursday, February 22, as attorneys fighting the City of San Diego over its permit ...
An air of refinement in the scenic Shenandoah Valley.
Why are people from around the world flocking to Staunton, Virginia, a little railroad town nestled in the Shenandoah Valley? Staunton, pronounced “Stant-on,” isn’t content to merely be a scenic historic stop 10 miles west ...
Parquet Courts' Light Up Gold is all sorts of what indie-rock should be heading toward in 2013 — clever lyrics, catchy song craft, infectious hooks, and an irresistible, giddy feel. It's like a stoner trapped ...