Content for Thursday, February 14, 2013
- Parachute Factory: art and music from the margins
- Rancho San Diego Burrito Run
- How did San Diego go from two dozen drive-in theaters to only two?
- Home of Guiding Hands 5K
- Joshua White & Spiral at The Loft
- Now hear this: Marty announces His next offering
- Acoustic in Middletown: Unplugged beer comes to oldest brewery!
- "Mayor Mo" stole $2 million from late husband's foundation
- Former mayor Golding calls former mayor O'Connor's gambling losses "piddling"
- Foundation at heart of O'Connor scandal was big donor to San Diego police; John Burton Foundation
- FreePB lawsuit tossed by federal court judge
- Appreciation: Castle Freak
- Yes Virginia, there is a Bali Ha'i, but...
- Product placement: John Wayne Organic Beef Jerky
- Trailer Park: The Internship
- Capitol Hill's top two personal debtors hail from San Diego, analysis finds
- My funky valentines
- Scheherazade part deux
- Bread Canyon turns up the heat
- Complaint alleges overbilling on San Onofre generator replacement
- Beer Touring: Coronado Brewing - Tecolote Canyon
- Who is Jack Schitt?
- Baja & Border News Translations: Aggravated penalties proposed for school thefts; Demand Federal Police stop extortion; Street flower sales banned on Valentine's Day
- Baja & Border News Translations: Dogs attack child; Dollar registers below 13.00 pesos; Over 100 pets sterilized in a month; Profeco intensifies surveillance operations
News & Stories
Tom Fitzpatrick might have a job for you at The Mission. First, please tell me about your restaurant. I have three restaurants with Fay Nakanishi and Deborah Helm: The Mission –Mission Beach; The Mission – ...
Butlers, chauffeurs, housekeepers are still in demand
There are plenty of jobs to keep the servants busy on the popular PBS series, “Downton Abbey,” but does anyone really work as a butler or chauffeur anymore? Of course they do! The job description ...
5,000-mile trek by way of the Trans-Labrador Highway.
Generally, I travel alone. I like to explore at my own pace and in my own time. I'm not big on planning, either. I leave myself space to explore a different direction or seize an ...
You’ll be surprised how much more you get done
For the first in a six-part series about stepping up your job-search or job-upgrade process, business coach Kate Hanley explains the importance of keeping a calendar. First, please tell me what you do. I help ...
Trapped for more than 12 hours
Four illegal immigrants were rescued from a sewage filled pipe by San Diego Fire and Rescue on the night of Wednesday, February 13. Afterward, the men were hosed off and handed over to Customs and ...