Content for Tuesday, February 5, 2013
- Richman’s food, poorman’s prices: Late luncheon at the Westgate downtown
- Baja & Border News Translations: Program to improve BC image strengthened; Remittances being sent from United States are growing; Cancer is an undesirable and feared condition
- Doing Time in the Tank
- Tijuana narco-tunnel discovered
- Edison got huge rate boost although required filing still not made
- Ruff Draft 2: Art and music inspired by hip hop legend J Dilla
- Jacobs says he is bowing out of Balboa Park makeover
- Despite ills, UCAN raises $20,000
- San Diego Event Picks: February 7-13
- As the world turns: Earth Day Fair to be held inside Balboa Park
- Alleged pay-to-play cases remain in South Bay
- Baja & Border News Translations: Women more likely to suffer from Alzheimer's; Vitamin thief caught; Infant dies in fire
- Vista Fire Department seeking seniors
- Craig Noel Awardees
- A closer look at the trailer for Fast and Furious 6
- San Diego Jewish Film Festival turns 23 this week
- After backing industry-favored timber tax, Fletcher reaped big contributions
- Street Style Kearny Mesa: Cute Family Alert
- Incoming on Washington!
- Baja authorities fighting sex trafficking network
- El Cajon tattoo artist wakes to discover burglary in progress
- Is everything still tasting great?
- Whalen Furniture fined for not reporting bed defect
- Voyou: Great little wine bar but…
News & Stories
The Mexican wrestling spectacle goes off Friday nights in Tijuana.
“Did that really just happen?” A lucha libre wrestler had tried to roll into the ring, miscalculated, and slammed down hard on the concrete. Instantly, the arena erupts in laughter, and the wrestler begins yelling ...
Construction begins on new building
On Monday, February 4, a little cottage at 910 S. Coast Highway 101 in Encinitas was fenced off and partial demolition began. The single-story, former residential building, probably built in the 1940s, had housed numerous ...
I had been photographing for about two weeks in Africa when I heard about a king. Africa has many kings, and I've met more than a few, but had never before sought one out. Africa's ...
Some neighbors express crime concerns
A man was put in handcuffs after jumping out of a second-story window in Encinitas Ranch on February 1. Many neighbors came out of their homes to watch as several police and sheriff’s deputies pulled ...