Content for Saturday, August 24, 2013
- Fresh meet: Diatribes and Champ debut at Soda Bar
- Joe Marillo salutes Gary LeFebvre at Dizzy's
- Just what authority will Council President Todd Gloria have after taking control of Mayor's Office?
- RAMBLINGS ABOUT WHAT I BELIEVE...Chapter #2
- New happy hour for downtown's oldest coffeehouse
News & Stories
Double drive-through but no play place
Starting on Monday, August 19, lovers of Happy Meals were probably jumping up and down when they saw construction finally going on at the old McDonalds site near the corner of Encinitas Boulevard at El ...
With his recognizable voice and picture-painting lyrics, it's hard to imagine a more iconic singer-songwriter than Willie Nelson. Accompanied by his guitar "Trigger" and backed by the Hollywood Bowl orchestra, Nelson treated the near-capacity crowd ...
I cannot believe she programmed those drums (not to mention everything else) all by herself. They sound live, crisp, and swinging, ever more complex with each listen. I better believe, though, that after 33 years ...
Scenic wonders near the Arizona–Utah border.
I had wanted to visit Lake Powell ever since I saw Doctor Who breathe his last breath on the futuristic shores (British sci-fi, don’t worry about it), so as part of our Arizona-Utah road trip, ...