Content for Friday, August 23, 2013
- Art of the Contrabass
- Death of pregnant teen is charged as double murder
- Shooter is guilty of careless act, not callous act, attorney claims
- City will indemnify resigning Filner, with some hedges
- Carl DeMaio's phallus files sexual harassment lawsuit against Carl DeMaio
- Emperor Elagabobus announces plan to celebrate final week in office with nonstop orgy
- International Cassette Store Day at M-Theory
- Coming Soon to the San Diego Film Festival: Lynch Mob: the Filner Firestorm
- DeMaio may change his mind, run for mayor
- Sunroad developer announces plan to name 9-foot Centrum Park easement "Filner Alley"
- Ghost of Richard Nixon holds press conference: "You won't have Bob Filner to kick around any more."
- A fleck on the fanboy's windshield
- Remarkably relaxed and happy officers report on Lemon Grove strip club raid
- New releases opening this week: Drug War, The World's End and more
- Motion to quash case against Bob Filner scheduled for September 16
- Nathan Fletcher files for mayor of San Diego
- Water Authority responds to Grand Jury report
News & Stories
Business accused of facilitating drug sales, prostitution
Sheriff's deputies last night (August 22) conducted a raid at Little Darlings Gentlemen's Club on Broadway in Lemon Grove, which resulted in the arrest of three employees. Local residents have long complained of prostitution, illegal ...
University Heights photographer wants to explore the potential of outdated cameras and film to "find something that shoots well."
“I’m really shy about my photography,” says Zia Rodelo. “I don’t show it to just anyone.” 25-year-old Rodelo, who lives in University Heights, declined the offer of a gallery show in her hometown of El ...
How to get grandma off the roof
Navajo Community Planners Inc., on August 19 took no action on a request from the Cliffs Mobile Home Park residents to support their plan to obtain emergency evacuation easements on nearby Allied Gardens Little League ...
I-90 was supposed to be I-80 - for those headed to Bay Area
Drivers on I-5 northbound may have been a little confused the morning of August 22. Caltrans’ electronic billboard mounted on the Tamarack Ave. overcrossing displayed the message, “I-90 BAY BRIDGE WILL BE CLOSED AUG 28 ...
Will keep unaccompanied underage kids out of beer garden.
The city council on August 13 unanimously approved a special-use permit for the Oktoberfest that will be held October 4-6. There won't be any carnival rides at the event sponsored by the La Mesa Chamber ...
Surgeries and office visits up 20 percent
About 750,000 Americans a year visit Baja California for medical care, according to Karim Chalita Rodríguez, president of a medical trade group that goes by the name of Clúster Médico Dental y Hospitalario de Baja ...
Okay. The stage will be bare. We’ll need a leather-like club chair: classy but mobile and able to take a pounding, since it’ll roll on and off often. Also, it must have wide and tall ...
Riders bypass ticket machines
The North County Transit District has rolled out a free new mobile ticketing app for smart phones. It appeared in the Google store in mid-July and iTunes Store in August. After downloading the app, users ...
Three local productions must close this Sunday and should not go gently to that final curtain.
In the Heights at San Diego Rep Sam Woodhouse (director), Javier Velasco (choreographer) and at least half of San Diego – or so it would seem – have turned the San Diego Rep’s Lyceum Stage ...
A San Diego-style IPA that grabs you and refuses to let go
Popular opinion is that Bob Filner is a buffoon. If you didn’t already think so, here’s further proof. While mayor of the craft beer capital of the country, the guy walked into a San Diego ...