Content for Thursday, August 22, 2013
- DeMaio's men's room masturbation went unreported (updated 8/26)
- San Diego hotel business up, but not comparatively
- Another Filner accuser comes forward...honest!
- Tijuana Vegetarian Cuisine & Arts Fair sprouts up in Food Garden
- Chef Miguel’s decision
- SDLFF's weeklong Exitos del Cine Latino starts tomorrow
- Allred wants council to nix deal with Filner
- Late to the Filner party
- Davis, Peters, Unions call for negotiations to end federal sequestration
- Carlsbad bookkeeper accused of embezzlement
- San Diego's ABC station sued for gender harassment and race discrimination by African-American anchor
- Attorney and founding member of Run Women Run, Sarah Boot, announces run for District 2 council seat
- Arcane auteur post of the week
- Leroy's Kitchen gets new chef, new menu, new style
- Fishy way of hiding drug shipment
- Larcenous dentist and wife will soon be at liberty
- Padres finally get Pirate booty
News & Stories
Chaungtha Beach to Ngwe Saung Beach, by scooter.
We arrived in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma), in November. Instantly the heat had us deciding to take a bus to Chaungtha Beach, the most popular beach among Burmese vacationers and the closest to Yangon. Accommodation in ...
The End of Summer Fire Run arrrives
The end of summer. Is it really? Beings how I haven’t even come close to a heat stroke yet it feels as though we’ve had more of a five month spring instead of a summer. ...
An event in the memory of a runner
The Eric Sears Memorial 5K is this Saturday at 10:00 am in Carlsbad at Poinsettia Community Park, Carlsbad, California. Eric Sears was a popular member of the Carlsbad High School cross country team. He died ...
Wild Duck 5K sounds like a version of that Winter Olympics thingy where they cross country ski and then shoot stuff. That might be cool to have a cross country run paired with marksmanship. However, ...
New brewery to-be to be run by a female brewmaster
These days, craft beer fans try to keep as much an eye on San Diego breweries as they do on the thumping pulse of the pipeline of incoming brewing companies. Those interested in the works-in-progress ...