Content for Tuesday, August 13, 2013
- Hard Rock Hotel investors lose appeal of fraud suit
- New Mark Dresser Quartet: August 15 @ SD Museum of Art
- DVD Rentals: The Barefoot Contessa
- SD Union three-year anniversary with Total Science and Gridlok
- Padres embarrass themselves against Rockies
- Trailer Park: Fading Gigolo
- Schwarzenegger's sexual harassment history featured in Democrat's Issa hit
- Frauds and Swindlers grand opening set for August 24th
- Car thief briefly eludes authorities
- Former bank employee denies grand theft charge
- Majority of asylum seekers at Otay Mesa are from violent state of Michoacán
- Ratepayers should pick up the tab for San Onofre closure, utility says
- Juvenile gangster gets 75-years-to-Life in prison
- Old Town: Back from the dead with a deal
News & Stories
Of all the neighborhoods in San Diego I’m the most enchanted by Normal Heights. They put on a hell of a festival with Adam’s Avenue Unplugged in April and the Adam’s Avenue Street Festival in ...
Draped in black plastic like a Christo art project
Crossing the border at San Ysidro last week, pedestrians, once inside the U.S. border station building, were greeted by mysterious devices at the head of each line. The devices appeared to be robotic in nature, ...
WWI reminders in Belgium.
Though the reasons for WWI are murky to most Americans – something about the assassination of an Archduke, as well as the unification of feudal-era principalities into modern nation-states – the war brought our country ...
Mussorgsky versus Rimsky-Korsakov is the main event.
It’s time to wrap up the first round for the Russians. Glinka has been given a second chance to advance to the second round of the Russian draw. His opponent is Dmitri Shostakovich. As explained ...
Insights on craft beer and beer writing from Beer-Con 2013
Last weekend, I participated on a beer writing panel at the third annual craft brewing industry convention, Beer-Con. The panel included a quintet of local writers, editors, bloggers and podcasters. Having written about craft beer ...
250 dogs in an hour
Five four-person teams at the Barking Lot bathed 250 dogs in an hour during an August 11 “Dog Wash-a-thon” that raised more than $4500 in pledges for the nonprofit rescue organization. The fundraiser "shattered" the ...