Content for Friday, August 2, 2013
- Another offshore penny stock scam
- FTC stops work-at-home scam
- The suspicious timeline of the Filner recall, domain names registered January 7th
- California rocker accused of hiring hitman wants his cash back
- FDA warns doctor selling herb-based diabetes treatment
- Habits and Mothers of Gut meet Buddy Banter in the belly of the legendary whale
- Volunteers needed for San Diego Asian Film Festival
- Another 50 tons of debris removed from site of former A-8 anchorage
- Jan Goldsmith's Office refuses to release transcripts of closed session meetings
- Casting call: 4 spots remain in Filner biopic, 12 Angry Women
- New releases opening this week: Smurfs 2 and who cares what else?
- Mobster's associate Molasky fuels DeMaio's dreams
- Damned Yankees or damned steroids
- Trailer Park: Seventh Son
- Edison: San Onofre losses could top $4 billion
- DVD Rentals: The Desperate Hours (1955)
- Filner responds to latest accusation
- Police to conduct motorcycle safety crackdown
- U.S. adds disappointing 162,000 jobs in July
News & Stories
A true rarity – an American take on a Gueuze – and a spectacular one at that.
Sheriff’s dept. keeps details to a minimum
The San Marcos sheriff’s station received a report of a suspicious-looking device near a mailbox in the 3100 block of North Broadway in Escondido shortly before 7:30 a.m. on August 1 . Upon arrival to ...
In the world of Surfer Blood, major-label maturity seems to mean stripping away the reverb that drenched your first album and, lyrically, graduating from middle school to high school. Anybody who bought this album on ...
Teenage boy was missing since July16
The body of a young male washed ashore in Border Field State Park on Thursday morning, August 1, quite likely the second of two teenage boys who went missing July 16 from the Playas de ...
Museum tour via Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner.
An old friend and his fiancee were flying into Los Angeles from Texas in July, on their way up to Santa Barbara. They were staying one night in L.A., and asked me to join them ...