Content for Thursday, April 11, 2013
- David Copley's "Foxhole" mansion on sale for $7.95 million
- Fugitive apprehended in Encinitas
- Mayor Filner calls on City Attorney Goldsmith to drop the lawsuit against City retirement system
- Bob's Burgers cast comes to The Irenic for rare live show
- Former Arellano Félix attorney killed in Tijuana
- Computer expert said card containing evidence was intentionally destroyed
- Save Our Heritage Organisation defends The Castle, sues City Council to return building's historical designation
- Dig a hole: Mickey Rose
- UCSD-developed video game aims to turn kids into Java programmers
- With horses dying, Del Mar's political giving very much alive
- Goodfellas Scorsese and Liotta go back to school in Campus Life
- SeaWorld going public. Don't bite.
- Heartbreak Ridge Run
- The Haven open in Kensington
- Keezer: solo at the Saville
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission says no new danger in San Onofre license amendment
- Who's on first? Dodgers edge Padres in game with strange ending
News & Stories
Enough talk…here’s a taste of Solana Beach’s new brewery
In February, I gave readers the low-down on the people and ideas behind Culture Brewing Co., a new addition to the Cedros Design District. It was chock full of information, but when it comes down ...
Looking at it now, you may have to squint a little to envision the Spring Valley home that Bulgarian-farm-boy-cum-doctor Luben Walchef bought in 1972 and converted into a family restaurant about ten years later. The ...
This is a place of extremes. The name alone brings to mind images of explorers and traders in tall sailing ships working their way against horrendous seas and hurricane-strength winds. Set on its own small ...
Students vow to continue protest
On April 9, the majority of the Sweetwater Union High School District board (John McCann, Arlie Ricasa, and Jim Cartmill) voted to cut the district’s Regional Occupation Program/Career Technical Education and adult-school programs. Funding for ...
And many interns do.
With summer fast approaching and college classes coming to an end, you might be gearing up for a vacation in Hawaii or a backpacking trip to Peru, but what you really should do is start ...
Bernice recently lost her job. Her email said, “I have been working for a long period of time, and I am enjoying my time off, getting my house in order, and taking care of my ...
Nobody claims ownership
At approximately 3 a.m. on Saturday, April 6, a Lexus coupe was discovered on South Mission Beach at Ocean Front Walk near Anacapa Court. The car had apparently been abandoned after the driver realized they ...