Garrett Harris 7 p.m., May 24
One, Two, Many Poetry Readings
A poem by Dan Propper
- Always three in red and six in black;
- always at least one lined face;
- always a few on display;
- usually a headache, and absolutely always
- a hangover;
- 2 or 3 God-struck ones.
- 2 blond kids hoping to get laid.
- 6 ex-junkies, 4 homosexuals.
- 17 bisexuals, and 2 sad celibates;
- possibly four with talent, all
- secretly knowing themselves the nation’s greatest;
- always two dropped-out musicians:
- “I used to play alto,”
- “I played drums”;
- one ex-beauty, one nervous lady with short hair.
- one male late-adolescent sexual posturer;
- always a babbling refugee from hallucinogens;
- one with a long poem called “The Ultimate List,”
- one meshugina talking about corduroy tulips.
- and one Visiting Star.