*Photo of Larissa Danielli and Silas from obrag.org*
  • *Photo of Larissa Danielli and Silas from obrag.org*

Single mom Larissa Danielli of Ocean Beach wants to set the record straight about the outcome of her case.

As reported in these pages last November, Danielli, a single mother, was arrested and lost custody of her nearly two-year-old son Silas after a fire damaged her apartment building in Ocean Beach. Neither Danielli nor her son were at home when the fire broke out.

When Danielli arrived at her home, she attempted to enter her apartment to prevent further damage to her professional DJ equipment. Police had denied her entry for safety reasons. She was arrested on obstruction charges and says she was handcuffed for five hours in the back of a police cruiser.

Because the officials who checked for water damage in Danielli’s apartment discovered marijuana, they placed her son in foster care immediately. Danielli did have a valid medical marijuana card.

Danielli had a restraining order placed against her, preventing her from speaking with her child. Eventually, Danielli says she was able to obtain legal help from Art La Cilento, former attorney for Nadya Suleman (aka “OctoMom”).

Things began to look up when the Child Protective Services case against Danielli was dismissed. She was reunited with her son earlier this year. Danielli says that the only criminal charge they didn’t drop after releasing her from jail (where she spent five days) was "a misdemeanor obstruction"; that charge was later reduced to "obscene language," as the arresting officer claimed Danielli was "abusive and offensive with her language."

"I never said ONE swear or offensive word,” Danielli insists.

All criminal charges against her have been dismissed, she says, and she is enjoying life again with her son and attending law school full time.

"I'm still trying to recover — physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially,” says Danielli. “Some days are better than others, but I don't feel safe anymore."

About Silas, says Danielli, "He used to have no fear and was so secure and active. Now he's quiet and just wants to stay home."

Comments

Twister March 9, 2012 @ 7:53 a.m.

It has been said that nine-tenths of the hell being raised in the world is well-intentioned. I assert that 100% of the hell being raised on earth is self-righteous.

Gail Powell March 9, 2012 @ 10:51 a.m.

They also say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." And I would add, as a friend and supporter of Larissa & Silas, "Hell hath no fury like a mother who's been messed with by THE MAN!" Ask the Dirty D.A. about how that all is playing out for her with my own case. I hope Larissa can acquire a pit bull pro bono shark, I mean, lawyer and sues the living daylights out of CPS, the lying cops, and even the usually well-behaved fire officials who were the ones snooping around for "water hazards" in the first place!

SurfPuppy619 March 9, 2012 @ 2:35 p.m.

Ask the Dirty D.A. about how that all is playing out for her with my own case. == Dumbass is getting her clock cleaned in the sommers case. The case is in Judge Hayes courtroom at the federal court on Front Street. Judge Hayes is pretty damn smart...............

SurfPuppy619 March 9, 2012 @ 2:38 p.m.

she is enjoying life again with her son and attending law school full time. == She should start her law career right here.

I had my first major lawsuit as a student in LS my second year. I got my clock cleaned, but I learned the ropes real fast and knew MORE about the law, litigation and lawsuits before I even graduated LS than 5+ year associates graduating years before me.........

SurfPuppy619 March 10, 2012 @ 10:20 p.m.

5.Did you see that show last night where a law professor said that 50 percent of the law school students will never work as lawyers? == No, didn't see that, but I have been saying the last 5 years now that 50%-75% of ALL law grads today will never work as lawyers, ever-the jobs are not there and never will be.

We are adding an average of ONE NEW law school a year, when we already have 2001 ABA law schools, which is about 100 more than we need. When I was in LS there were only 180. On top of that CA has art least another 10 non ABA law schools.

SurfPuppy619 March 12, 2012 @ 11:20 p.m.

Less than 10% of Americans can afford a lawyer. 90% of lawsuits in the federal courts involve Big Business v Big Business litigation.

We have a banana republic legal system today. IMHO.