Jeff Smith noon, March 8
Love Is Its Own Proof
A poem by Rumi
- How long will you keep on crying,
- “Where’s my remedy?
- Where’s my cure?”
- Whoever it is that’s making you search for a remedy,
- go look for him.
- How long will you stay mired in sadness, complaining,
- “Sorrow has taken my soul away”?
- What is the soul?
- Why don’t you try to find it?
- Did you smell a loaf of bread?
- Go toward that smell.
- That smell will tell you everything
- you need to know about bread.
- If you fall in love,
- your love is your proof
- and that’s enough.
- If you’re not in love,
- what good is proof?
More from SDReader
- Remember those black-haired dead souls who hold up the white-haired mothers — Jan. 16, 2013
- Love Poem to My Husband of Thirty-One Years — Dec. 5, 2012
- A Slower Music — June 27, 2012
- The Greatest — April 25, 2012
- "Lilith," by Ron Koertge — Dec. 14, 2011