Content for Friday, October 26, 2012
- Tom Harrell Chamber Ensemble in La Jolla
- Prop 30 hikes gas prices
- Baja & Border News Translations: PEP K9 Places at Las Vegas Trials; Laughing Yoga Increases Quality of Life in Children Fighting Cancer
- Sunset Special
- Baja & Border News Translations: Thanks; Important Precautions for Santa Ana Winds
- Padres Make First Off-season Roster Moves
- Prop 30: Brown confronted about personal use of Cal Trans vehicles
- Street Style South Park: Ilse Valfre
- Is the political committee, Conservatives for Gay Rights Supporting Carl DeMaio, a front for an anti-DeMaio group?
- Miss Holiday’s House of Horrors Show
- Baja Mining Corp. hoping for more Korean bailout money
- A closer look at the trailer for The Tall Man
- Pitching your novel or screenplay
- San Diego Asian Film Festival
- Retired film critic Gene Shalit gets 'thumbs down' from Massachusetts police
- Street Style, Golden Hill
- EXCLUSIVE, BABY: First on-set photo from Arnold's new Conan film!
- Words by...at North Coast Rep
- Opening this week
- The Inquisitive Tongue: Nanette Wiser's Good Dish
- San Diego Beer Week: Day Five
- Free Pizza and Penis Hickey
- Air gun standoff briefly closes Ramona road
- A brief talk with an orchestral musician
News & Stories
A group of hikers has filed a new suit challenging the legality of the U.S. Forest Service’s practice of requiring “Adventure Pass” fees to access what the bureau deems “high impact recreation areas” in four ...
Shortly after the rainfall on the weekend of Oct. 19–21, Vista’s (southeastern) Buena Creek area and western Vista, near S. Santa Fe Avenue, were invaded by thousands of small cone-shaped snails. The terrestrial gastropod mollusks ...
Taking you to European destinations on a dime (5 of 7).
After traveling via train from Florence for two hours, we arrived safely in Milan. We were grateful that the city seemed much cooler than Italy's more southern cities we had recently visited. While Milan is ...
The long-term practice in Mexico of charging customers for a liter of fuel when only 900 ml of fuel (or less) is actually dispensed is now prohibited and expected to change starting today, October 26. ...
(As told by Moses, a Maasai tribesman.)
After two years of invitations, I finally made it to Africa to visit my friend Moses, a Maasai elder, at his village in Kenya. That first night, while sitting around a fire, he offered to ...
My ten-year-old service dog Ginger and I exited the car recently at a quiet local park. She was at my 9:00 heel position as we walked the 20 feet to our regular shaded spot that ...
And other tricky interview questions.
Why would a company ask questions specifically designed to probe a potential employee’s honesty? The answer is that employers are experiencing a great deal of employee theft. The U.S. Department of Commerce estimates that employee ...
A short day trip from Amsterdam.
Breaking out of Amsterdam can be a difficult task, as there's so much to see in the vibrant city. In fact, it took me numerous visits to finally venture outside the capital. If you're looking ...
Blak and Blu, the debut full-length from Gary Clark Jr., has an aggravated hive of buzz about it. With premier slots at music festivals and a well-received EP, Clark has the weight on his shoulders ...