Content for Thursday, October 25, 2012
- Baja & Border News Translations: Homicide Rate Up 50%; Casino Tax Inspections Conducted
- Baja & Border News Translations: Communities will have Digital Libraries; Foundation High School Celebrates 40 years
- Baja & Border News Translations: Schools Celebrate “Week of Flavor”; Municipal Sports Facility Fees are Optional
- Faith, labor groups call for passage of Prop 39
- Mark Dresser: defining the solo contrabass at UCSD
- DVDs to watch on Halloween - the good, the bad, and the better than you'd think
- Helado on wheels
- Structures Poetry Humans
- Review: The Girl
- French operator of spill-plagued border sewage plant gives $5,000 to GOP Lincoln Club
- Michael Trigilio talks about the mysticism behind music technology
- Chairman of Cognex Corporation Robert Shillman shells out $25,000 to Tea Party Congressman Allen West
- Silent Comedy write trailer track for History Channel series
- Ersatz News Source: California DMV Announces New Cannabis License Plates; Chargers Win Early Super Bowl
- Ersatz News Source: Manson Wins Parole; Spanish Becomes National Language
- Ersatz News Source: Romney Swings Far Left, Joins Democrat Party, Endorses Obama; New Hybrid Dog Tops Breed List
- Immovable Objects' Gagin home from Australia, playing Oct. 26 @Eleven
- Week 9 Scoreboard
- Chula Vista's Tourism Marketing District Director responds
- Street Style, University Heights: The Urban Cowboy
- Small steps
- Local Troop Leader for Catholic Boy Scouts Seeks to Start Youth Football Program
- San Diego History Center expresses regret over hiring Cecilia Gimenez to restore Depression-era paintings
- Pub owners' PAC backing pro-DeMaio Lincoln Club gets $10,000 from Sempra Energy
- Review: How to Survive a Plague
- District Attorney takes down another medical marijuana dispensary
- You gotta hear this: Lullabies for the Cursed
- A closer look at the posters for Rise of the Guardians
- Son of Los Tucanes de Tijuana drummer arrested for kidnapping
- San Diego Beer Week: Day Four
- Medical marijuana co-op manager's conviction overturned
- Jersey Mike's
- Feds take over Chubby Bandit case
- Fugitive attorney caught in Mexico, says prosecutor
News & Stories
A 25-year-old Ocean Beach woman was punched in the eye with an object, groped from behind, and was being dragged away in broad daylight on the morning of October 17 in an attempted rape incident. ...
On October 24 around 4:00 p.m., a woman name Marsha heard a loud explosion near her second-floor condo in the 2300 block of Hosp Way, in Carlsbad's Grove condominiums. She went outside and saw black ...
El Chaparral, Mexico’s new port of entry adjacent to San Ysidro, opened yesterday, October 24, on a test basis, with a connecter road running along the Mexican-side border fence from Interstate 5 heading west to ...
Ivory tower educators tell us that you should not go to college just to enhance your career-earning power. Yet, most of us don’t reside in ivory towers. Reality in the United States dictates that people ...
I braved Carmageddon II on a September Saturday and visited L.A. to explore the individual creations of two iconoclastic L.A. visionaries. Located in vastly different sections of L.A., the Watts Towers and Eames House represent ...