Content for Thursday, October 4, 2012
- Week 6 Scoreboard
- Lucha Libre: It's worth the fight!
- Patrick Henry finds success in simplicity
- Karl Berger: UCSD, Oct. 10
- Padres Chug Brewers' Last Offering
- SDQT National Edition: U.S. airline passengers clench cheeks following news of "Colon Blow" Bomber
- For the patients of Del Mar, vote ‘Yes’ on Prop H
- Crossword Puzzle: Proposition S
- SDQT National Edition: President Obama reverses position on HHS mandate
- Street Style: The Pixie Cut
- While tax hike vote looms, UCSD's "Travel and Entertainment Team" seeks $72,000 assistant
- Atheist lobby officially launches in California
- Street Style Normal Heights: Hipsters
- PROPOSITION S - vs - BAN ON SAFE ACCESS
- Frequent-flyer-felon Abdullah Alekabi back in court
- Tips on how to survive a kiddie matinee
- "Go ahead and do something," thief tells store clerk
- End this trend: tile-rooftop chases
- Super-spoilery but possibly substantial complaint about the plot of Looper
- U-T CEO John Lynch's apparent willingness to shape media coverage and public policy
- Food truck lunch: Casanova Fish Tacos
- Tales from the north: Inland Empire Brewing
- Ice cream challenge: Mariposa
- Russell Maliphant Dance Company
- Peters, Bilbray spar over taking of public pensions
- The California burrito, part 2, fries!
- Report critical of local law enforcement spending
- Mean street style: Scorsese accoutrement for everyday living
News & Stories
On October 3, the San Diego Democratic Unity Campaign Center hosted a viewing party for the first of three presidential debates at their Kearny Mesa headquarters. Many of the same people showed up who were ...
Just north of Salt Point State Park, half way between Point Reyes National Seashore and Fort Bragg along the Pacific Coastal Highway, is a place called Sea Ranch. About 300 of the 1,800 uniformly shingle-clad, ...
Over 60 people met at the Ocean Beach Woman's Club on October 3 to discuss the recent sex crimes against women in the community. Ideas were presented on how to make more women aware of ...
Escaping suburban America for the tiny island of Útila, Honduras.
(Originally appeared as a 9/4/12 blog entry at HuffingtonPost.com.) In 1998, I left a boyfriend who admitted he couldn't commit to anything more than putting food in the cat's bowl. We were in our early ...
The manager is interested in your attendance record. Do you frequently call-in sick, arrive late, leave early?