Content for Thursday, July 19, 2012
- Ed's Waterfront Run
- What's in a Bio?
- 3rd Annual Rock-N-Roll Reunion Benefit Concert Slated for July 28
- Diane Moser Live at 98 Bottles. July 21 & 22
- Tijuana Narco-Tunnels Belonged to El Chapo
- Dinner and a Movie...and Peacocks!
- Farm Tables on Market
- I Should Try to Like Beer
- A Tale of Two Sex Comedies
- Comedian Fred Willard Pulls a Pee-Wee Herman
- Del Mar: It's All About the Hats!
- SDMA's Annual Screen on the Green Kicks Off This Saturday Night
- More Local Officials Respond To Watering Down Of Brown Act
- San Diego Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union Gives $100,000 to Anti-Death Penalty Campaign
- Planning Commission Rejects Quail Brush Power Plant
- Drug Trafficker Sentenced to Over 13 Years in Baja Prison
- Beer Touring: Rip Current Brewing
- I'm Your Biggest Fan
- Navy SEAL Sentenced for Weapon Thefts
News & Stories
The sixth annual Carlsbad Lagoon Day takes place on Sunday, July 22. The Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation (AHLF) celebrates the anniversary of the formal declaration of eradication of Caulerpa taxifolia with a walk/run and community ...
A recent trip home to northern lower Michigan afforded me one of the greatest summertime pleasures a Michigander knows: a sunset swim in Lake Michigan. There’s nothing better than finding a secluded stretch of golden ...
A tour from the Mojave to Mono Lake
There are more than 550 active volcanoes in the world, five of which are in California. It's to be expected from a state sitting on the eastern edge of the Ring of Fire. Between Barstow ...
After starting my Southeast Asia trip in the lovely city-state of Singapore, it was off to Changi Airport to catch my Air Asia flight to Kuala Lumpur. The day before, I met some travelers at ...
The second of three Guided By Voices albums arriving in 2012 is 21 songs strong in under 40 minutes. That means each track is clocking in at an average of less than two minutes. Good ...
The Surfaris celebrated the 50th anniversary of their iconic surf song “Wipe Out” at the Belly Up on July 17. Bob Berryhill, the co-writer of “Wipe Out” — at the age of 15! — is ...
"Festivarians are endowed by Planet Bluegrass with certain unalienable Rights, among those are music, mountains, and the uninhibited pursuit of Happiness." And so begins the Festivarian Bill of Rights, the code by which all who ...