• Story alerts
  • Letter to Editor
  • Pin it

Shortly after 11:00 a.m. today, May 13, a fire broke out in a residence in the 600 block of Rushville Street. According to witnesses and emergency workers, the owners of the home had been burning a Christmas tree in their fireplace, which became oveheated and ignited the attic area.

Firefighters immediately responded and were able to get the blaze knocked down before it consumed the interior of the residence. The owners were able to get out and escape injury. Structure damage was estimated at $80,000 and damage to personal property at $50,000.

  • Story alerts
  • Letter to Editor
  • Pin it

Comments

Sign in to comment

Win a pair of VIP tickets to
Reader Tacotopia!

Join our newsletter list

Each newsletter subscription
means another chance to win!

Close