Don Bauder 2:30 p.m., Aug. 1
February 3 Brainstorm Contenders
- Carl Baltrunas, Milpitas, 6. Thank you Jeff Loeb-…
- Ed Barno, San Diego, 6. Groundhog sees shadow, sun is bright. So why late Spring?
- * Susan Morfey, Little Italy, 6. Hoping you're feeling better by this time- Rest is overrated!
- * Miyuki Passchier, Clairemont, 6. I cant wait to see the next Brainstorms game!
- Conway Redding, La Mesa, 6. The writing isn't the only thing that's backward…
- Martha Awdziewicz, Clairemont, 5. Did you like the Superbowl commercials this year?
- Tom Somich, Clairemont, 5. Time to focus on March Madness!
- * John Strauch, Point Loma, 5. Climbed high point of North Pinyon Mtn. from Lizard Canyon.
- * Flo Abena, Rancho Pensquitas, 4. I thought about doing the crossword in Arabic.
- Douglas Meyers, La Mesa, 4. Hmm… is Hasan the word for Holms in Arabic?
- Michael Rewa, Allied Gardens, 4. 41 Moves and the car remains on the lot. Seriously!
- Marc Richard, Banker's Hill, 4. The wazir was not afraid of the efreets.
- Cindy Fisher, San Clemente, 3. The worst part of vacations- no brainstorms!
- John Fitzpatrick, San Diego, 3. 42 legal moves, correct. Michael was robbed. Reader editors! Amateurs!
- * Jonathan Gerard, Downtown, 2. Last week my name was accidentally printed as Johnathan.
- Juanito Gerardo, Mira Mesa, 2. Capitalism will endure tests of our time.
- Martha Klages, Encanto, 1. Maybe I should learn a new language.