Content for Tuesday, October 11, 2011
- Think Tank Says Tech Responsible for 30% of Jobs
- Borrego Sun Editor Found Dead
- Week 7 High Five
- Tragedy and Consensus at Occupy San Diego
- Conference of the Contrabasses
- Last Cup of Coffee
- When Occupy SF Occupied My Car
- Update San Diego, 10/11/11
- Hearty Arty: New Eats in Little Italy
- Mike Keneally’s Potato Is Baked
- Response to Military Sexual Assaults Found Lacking
- So, What Did You Do Friday Night?
- St. Cecilia's Restaurant?
- Melancholia Star Kirsten Dunst Laments the Roles She Lost Due to Big-Breastedness
- Survive or Thrive in the Arts
- County To Push for Independent Redistricting Commission
- Edwin Decker Vindicated
- Glynn Bedington: Celebration of a Life
- Best Ramen in San Diego?
- Turf War! Disgruntled Tea Party Gang Riled Over Populist Newcomers Occupy San Diego
- 12th Annual San Diego Asian Film Festival Promises Fresh Hou Hsiao-Hsien and More!
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission Wants to Store Radioactive Waste on the Coast Through 2250
- San Diego Slipping Faster than Nation
- Food Network Chef Signing Books at Fashion Valley
- Local Hipsters Begin to Abandon Occupy San Diego
- Massive Corporation Prepares Retaliatory Demonstration: Occupy Encinitas
- Excerpt From A Nautical Classic...
- Excerpts From A Mountaineering Classic...
- Schopenhauer Was The Man...
News & Stories
A little red bungalow that has been a Talmadge icon for over 70 years is now an unwelcome blight to the community. On October 10, Talmadge community activists Erin Judson and Kelly Waggonner organized a ...
The story of the San Diego Yacht Club, as Iris Engstrand’s illustrated history shows, also tells the story of San Diego. Along with Dennis Conners, commodores of the club include Jessops, Treptes, Goulds, Frosts. Driscolls, ...
It seemed like an innocuous deed, posting a link to my friend’s video on my Facebook wall. Nice, even. I’d go so far as to say it was the opposite of reprehensible. The link was ...
Like all red-blooded Americans, our family decided to visit the Grand Canyon. In an RV. Big mistake. 1. The a/c didn’t work. It was 107 in Phoenix. 2. We hit a sign (or two) and ...
At Barnett Avenue’s southern end, where it meets Pacific Highway, the two-lane road was recently narrowed to a single lane. Though it is now a traffic bottleneck, before the conversion, I witnessed a bicyclist ride ...
Back in July, the indie-music blogosphere didn't know what to do with itself when Girls released the single "Vomit." The near seven-minute jam, complete with soul-singer backup vocals, was all hipsters needed to become obsessed ...
Today was more than 14 hours on the road to travel what would normally take 5 hours. Anywhere else but Mexico, and this would have been a hellish day. It all started in Barra Vieja, ...
Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, a quartet from Tulsa, Oklahoma, brought their unique brand of open-minded musicianship to the Loft at UCSD. Touring in support of Race Riot Suite, the quartet added a five-piece horn section, ...