Content for Thursday, December 29, 2011
- Rising from the Trenches with San Diego's Urban Corps
- Alvarez Stands Alone at City Hall in Support of Refocusing Redevelopment
- The Cinephile Jew and His Christian Sidekick Come Under Fire
- New State Law Prohibiting Street-Corner Sale of Puppies Goes Into Effect
- Cheapest New Year’s Eats?
- Dept. of Justice: Award to Family in Military Jet Crash Case Creates "Dangerous Precedent"
- 3rd Annual San Diego Experimental Guitar at Soda Bar
- New Photos from The Avengers!
- Supreme Court Knocks Out Redevelopment Agencies
- Sigh. A Closer Look at the Trailer for Madagascar 3
- San Diego 9th "Drunkest City" In The Country
- Coming Attractions: Cortez Hill Poised for a Religous Experience
- Maienschein Lends His Campaign $50,000 on Christmas Eve
- Free, Unsolicited Advice for Dean Spanos
- Port Tenant to Install Shore Power System
- SD Tourism Lags Behind Other California Metros
- 1st Manganista Gig in 3 Years @ Jan. 28 Picture Head Release Party
- Fishbone Documentary Screening with Filmmaker Q&A January 12
News & Stories
I used to scoff at people who lived in senior citizen communities. I called them “Geezervilles,” and swore I would never live in one of them. Not me. I’m too hip. But, after yet another ...
Beginning with 2008's Attack & Release, each subsequent Black Keys record has taken their sound a step further away from its garage-rock origins. While some purists may decry the Danger Mouse-influenced shift to a more ...
Car: Tastefully modified 1998 Honda Civic hatchback. Previous Cars: 1994 Civic sedan with an LS motor swap, 1989 Nova, and my prized 1986 Toyota Corolla AE86 GT5. How’s your commute? I commute from Mira Mesa ...
Affidavits were released on December 28 that detailed the San Diego DA’s motivations for the December 20 raids on former and current trustees of the Sweetwater Union High School District, contractors associated with them, and ...