A Vista man who befriended a fellow marijuana user reported being robbed by his new acquaintance in Vista on Thursday, San Diego County sheriff's investigators said.

Officers were called to the 1200 block of Buena Vista Drive shortly before 6 p.m. to investigate a report of a home burglary with shots being fired, Sgt. Art Wager said.

The victim, 32, told authorities he met "Phil" on Tuesday at the "Cal Med 420 Medical Marijuana Dispensary" on Rosecrans in San Diego.

He invited the man to come to his home in Vista to smoke the weed, which the victim said he needs to use for unspecified medical problems.

The victim told investigators that when he went to his bedroom to get his pot, his "guest" pulled a handgun and fired off a shot that missed him, but lodged in the wall, Wager said.

After "Phil" ordered him to the ground and demanded the man's medical stash, a second man arrived and began demanding "the money," Wager said.

The victim told authorities he begged for his life and handed over his cash. They also took an unspecified amount of marijuana and a bong.

The suspects in the case should considered armed and dangerous, Wager said.

The first suspect is described as an African American man in his early 30s, about six feet tall, with a thin build and having a mustache and goatee. His victim knows him only as "Phil".

The second suspect is an unknown age, African American, with a heavy build and wearing what could have been a Chargers jersey.

Comments

SDaniels April 23, 2010 @ 2:19 p.m.

A friend with weed, a friend indeed. A very very dumb friend.

Duhbya April 23, 2010 @ 2:38 p.m.

Rosecrans to Vista? Long "trip" for a bong hit.

jerome April 23, 2010 @ 5:34 p.m.

stupid ,idiot, or else you need medical care for real.

CuddleFish April 23, 2010 @ 6:13 p.m.

And the police are really going to help him recover his weed?

I think we are beginning to see what sort of problems we are going to have with this "medicine." Most of the people in my community that I've heard from or talked to are firmly against having one of those "dispensaries" anywhere near here.

SDaniels April 23, 2010 @ 7 p.m.

That's unfortunate. I'm finding medical marijuana to be very helpful with an arthritic condition, but am not sure what goes on around a dispensary, as I've not been actually in one. I did meet the owner of one, and she was a lovely, genuine person, who promised to get me some easily digested "whole food" powder, and to show me modified yoga. I understand this may not be the norm :)

xians421 April 23, 2010 @ 7:45 p.m.

Sounds like somebody was trying to get laid.

Visduh April 23, 2010 @ 7:55 p.m.

Yeah, well that address isn't very far from my digs. All we need in our semi-rural enclave here is a pack of tokers who start growing the stuff, fighting over it, and similar nonsense. From Rosecrans here is a very long trek, but not too long to prevent it. There are enough crimes committed in Vista that we need no help from the pot growers.