“I’ve done a lot of wild rock-star interviews,” says Kaos Tom, who hosts The Kaos Nation Show, a live video broadcast program at aiiradio.net. Regarding Metal Mike Saunders of the Angry Samoans, he says, “I would ask him a question, a relatively simple question, and he would go on for 10 minutes. After about 45 minutes and only four questions, I said, ‘Hey, thank you for the interview,’ and walked away.” Returning around 15 minutes later, Tom says, “He was still answering my question, without me even being there.”

As for lead Sex Pistol Johnny Rotten, “I met him out back at 91X. This was when they got into the 2006 music awards, and he started telling about how they wanted to charge him $25,000 to present this award to him. He told them to fuck off.”

Rotten also told him of an impromptu surfing trip. “From what Johnny told me, they decided to eat some [mu]shrooms first. Johnny said, ‘Now, Kaos, I’m not a surfer — I’m a singer, and that was a bad idea.’ We started laughing our asses off.”

Tom was less successful interviewing Motörhead front man Lemmy. “Everyone knows you can’t understand a single word he says. Besides, I waited around for about nine hours to do the interview, and by then I was drunk off my ass.… It was one in the morning.”

Before embracing Kaos, Tom interned at Rock 105.3 and KGB-FM. He also worked behind the scenes with JD Romance, Elephant Army, and Canobliss, covering jobs ranging from roadie to manager. Beginning in January, The Kaos Nation Show will stream live on Tuesday afternoons, while archived interviews will be posted at kaosnationmusic.com.

Comments

MountainMan Dec. 3, 2009 @ 9:42 p.m.

Just to correct the Live Streaming ON Aiiradio.net Kaos Tom has changed his day and time to Wednesday Afternoons from 2 till 5 pm would you please update everyone about this.

MountainMan

alexSFG Dec. 4, 2009 @ 9:21 a.m.

Kaos! "The Kaos Nation Show" on AiiRadio ROCKS!! The entire "Starving for Gravity" family is behind you all the way! We were greatly saddened by the news of Mel's death, manager of "Canobliss". Our love and prayers go out to her family, and to our good friends, "Canobliss". We will be in touch soon. We would love to do "The Kaos Nation Show" live. Peace & Rock, Alex, manager of "Starving for Gravity".

drrockter5150 Dec. 4, 2009 @ 10:28 a.m.

I can't think of anyone else in the San Diego area that has worked harder or deserves it more than Kaos! Go to any venue, go to any show, any night, chances are... there's Kaos Tom right there in the middle of it. I, and the rest of the DIVE BOMBER crew, owe a lot to Kaos. Thanks brother, and congrats.

Doc

All our thoughts and prayers go out to Mel and her family and friends. A very special lady that will be missed.

tomero Dec. 4, 2009 @ 10:41 a.m.

thx kaos. i love your show and your blurts. carry on, good job thx again. tom

Jay Allen Sanford Dec. 4, 2009 @ 6:01 p.m.

FYI - The Kaos Nation Show got moved to Wednesdays at 2pm to 5pm and that show is a live audio broadcast. The January show will be the live video broadcast.

bjk595 Dec. 4, 2009 @ 7:24 p.m.

Kaos, loved the article. Great job.

SFGLucas Dec. 4, 2009 @ 7:30 p.m.

Had a lot of fun during the show. Ice that tattoo :)

gdogg620 Dec. 4, 2009 @ 8:36 p.m.

Yo KAOS!!!!! You know you are the man sucka!!!! Hope to have u be a part of the next Flight 93 Benefit (this one is gonna be off the hooooook!!!) Your shows rule and are always a good time!!!! See ya soon!!!! - gdogg (SD93)

matruscott Dec. 4, 2009 @ 11:39 p.m.

Kaos! yo its awesome to see your article in the reader! thanks for always supporting vaude villain and being a stand up leader in the san diego music scene! youre always looking out for us up and coming bands.

Vaudevillainmusic.com

herbedofthorns Dec. 5, 2009 @ 10:33 p.m.

Congrats brother!!!! Thank you so much for helping out bands like us every day!!! You're one in a million Kaos & we look forward to visiting show!! Take care.... --HER BED OF THORNS--

hfh Dec. 6, 2009 @ 11:08 a.m.

Thanx for coming out and supporting Fri. nite at O'Connells!! Lookin forward to doin an interview on yer radio show. Cheerio, Hard Fall Hearts www.myspace.com/hardfallhearts>

joelasinger Dec. 6, 2009 @ 9:19 p.m.

I'm very proud to say that I was the first guest on Kaos Tom's new show!!!! Congrats bud, looking forward to many more fun times on your killer program...

AVEric Dec. 7, 2009 @ 12:44 a.m.

Kaos Nation Music is the best new thing for up and coming independent bands!!! Get out there and see what Kaos Tom has to offer. Go check him out on www.kaosnationmusic.com, facebook, myspace, even on You Tube! He is the most motivated person I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I have listened to his shows and, like he says, he brings nothing but the best! If you are interested in independent bands and enjoy great live shows, Kaos Tom is the man to know! Good luck Bro!

DJ_Tony Dec. 7, 2009 @ 4:22 p.m.

Great Article! fun stuff! i would love to hear more funny stories of crazy interviews and shows

Also tune in on Wednesday's at 2pm pacific to aiiradio.net to hear Kaos tom's show

vvzarey Dec. 8, 2009 @ 3:51 p.m.

Congrats on your article Kaos! This is just the beginning of bigger things to come!

slocumns Dec. 12, 2009 @ 5:41 p.m.

doing great Kaos. keep up the good work. And keep the articles coming. nick

andiways Dec. 16, 2009 @ 10:09 a.m.

Great article, uncle! I am so proud of you! I love the rock! Keep it coming~

SoCalMetalManiac Jan. 4, 2010 @ 8:54 p.m.

Kaos is the man. I set up with Kaos to have my boys Despite The Wolves as guest for The Kaos Nation. They had the best time promoting their album "Throwing Knives at Mirrors" and just talking about random topics. At the same time live listeners were talking to them via chat room asking random questions and provoking the smart aleck antics this band is known for. Kaos is down to help the local and independent bands any way he can and is always a good time.

Chris Shearer Manager for Despite The Wolves