A search by gang investigators of the San Diego Police Department began on Tuesday for a male teenager who shot and wounded a 20-year-old man at a Clairemont recreation center.

The victim was standing with friends near the basketball courts at the North Clairemont Community Park on Bannock Avenue around 9:10 p.m. Monday night when they were approached by another group of males, said San Diego police Sgt. Bob Dare. At least one of the men in the group issued a challenge and the victim started to walk away, but one of the men pulled out a weapon and shot the victim in the back, Dare said.

The gang members then got into a small white car when someone in the park threw a soda can at the vehicle. The gunman then fired several more shots, none of which hit anyone. The suspected shooter was described as a male Latino 16 to 20 years old with a shaved head and tattoos. He was wearing a Padres shirt and blue jeans. The victim was brought to a hospital and is expected to have a full recovery.

Comments

bluenwhitegokart April 19, 2009 @ 6:54 p.m.

Gang-bangers are nothing but domestic terrorists, and ought to be treated as such. In fact, we need to start using the death penalty way more often than we do in this country.

magicsfive April 19, 2009 @ 9:27 p.m.

"The suspected shooter was described as a male Latino 16 to 20 years old with a shaved head and tattoos. He was wearing a Padres shirt and blue jeans."

Yeah, that narrows it down...he should be in custody in no time..

SpliffAdamz_ April 20, 2009 @ 9:59 a.m.

In the article they didn't say anything about the shooter being a gang member or that this shooting happening in a area where gang activity is high. So why the title games gangs play? Oh wait i know why because they said the shooter was a latino male with a shaved head and tattoos. I guess every latino with a shaved head and tattos is a gang member. You people are a bunch of stupid azz racist dorks!!!!!

poff April 20, 2009 @ 12:32 p.m.

It stands good to reason that a 16-20 year old Latino male with tattoos and a shaved head who is in a group of people who shoot at an innocent and/or unarmed person then drive off is a gang member. Even if he isn't a gang member he should be treated as if he were. I do not like white gangs either. The Bird Rock Bandits got off easy in my opinion.

lallaw April 21, 2009 @ 4:05 a.m.

magicsfive: LOL...very funny! (And so true). Also, I could not agree more with post #1 in terms of the domestic terrorist comment...not so much revving up the death penalty. But I respect your right to make that point.

RustyS April 21, 2009 @ 7:23 a.m.

In the article they didn't say anything about the shooter being a gang member

You're right, except in paragraph one where they mention the investigation was done by the gang investigators of SDPD and paragraph 3 that starts with "The gang members..."

Their race had nothing to do with it. If they were white, black or Asian with shaved heads, tats and shot someone in the back after a minor argument the same conclusion would be obvious.

Domestic terrorists. Send 'em to Getmo before it closes.

magicsfive April 21, 2009 @ 7:29 a.m.

Spliff, shouldn't you be holed up in a darkened room somewhere, smoking yourself into oblivion?? Oops, too late...my bad.

oblocal07 April 22, 2009 @ 8:04 a.m.

first off... it was gang related. i can promise you all that because the person who got shot i know personally. and he is part of a gang. and it was another gang that shot at the other victim. gang violence is huge in clairemont especially in that area. shows how much you know about clairemont spliffadamz and also the gangs in clairemont are mostly made up of latinos because a large latino population lives in clairemont along with blacks, whites, and italians. so i guess you dont know much about clairemont or gangs. and it is not saying that it is all latinos with shaved heads and tattoos. it just so happens to be the description of the shooter. stop jumping to conclusions.

SpliffAdamz_ April 22, 2009 @ 9:24 a.m.

I guess you people don't really understand what a gang is. Any group of people with a logo and/or colors that control a small area can be consider a gang. So technically speaking every nation , state , city and town is a gang!! So is not the amerikkkan government a gang? Amerikkka has colors red , white and blue. Amerikkka has a flag with stars and stripes! Amerikkkan has its own national anthem that everyone pledges allegiance to!! Amerikkka even uses the bald eagle as a animal logo and controls a land mass area. Amerikkka's got dummies in the military who go out to other countries and kill women and children to protect the amerikkkan interest!! Amerikkka has a police force to keep the cowards over here in line. Amerikkka deals with the drug trade and slave trade , just ask mexico!!! And lets not forget amerikkka has a population of idiots who vote on keeping the amerikkkan gang alive and running!!! But the amerikkkan population don't think or look at amerikkka as being a gang , because they are to busy supporting the set. When i hear shaved head and tattoos it sounds more like military to me you know army , navy , air force or marines. Oblocal07 what do you know about clairemont?? Your blog name is OBLOCALO7 , dosen't that mean you are in ocean beach and not in clairemont? Before you talk about who knows what about any part of the city , ask yourself what part of the city do you represent? Besides who cares if there are gangs in clairemont , them gangs in clairemont ain't kickin up any dust any where else in the city!! They just stay in clairemont and hide their. I never seen a clairemont gangsta in southeast where the blood and crips play!! Or even in the logan and sherman area where other latinos gangs are. I never seen a clairemont gangsta in national city where their are more gang members then police. But then again you are only a ocean beach local , you don't even represent the clairemont area that you trying to speak on!!! You say i'm jumping to conclusions? They never caught the shooter , so how the hell do you know it was a gang member that shot dude? If the person that was shot was in a gang , don't you think they would have said it in the article. You say gang violence is huge in that area , when did this start? There has been gangs in SD since the early 80s , only now in 2009 i'm hearing about clairemont so when they start banging out there? You need to stop lying to kick it , you and i both know you don't know who got shot. Stop trying to act like you know whats happen in the streets when you just hide out in ocean beach area OBLOCALO7!!!

SpliffAdamz_ April 22, 2009 @ 9:57 a.m.

Poff i feel ya. The bird rock bandits did got off easy but , they only got off easy because they were white. Everyone knows white amerikkka doesn't want to be associated with street gang activity , they want that tag to be on everyone non white!!! Sad but , that's how stereotypes are used and people stay confused in this country!!!!

clmtborn1904 April 23, 2009 @ 9:34 p.m.

wow WHOEVER OBLOCAL07 IS HAS SOME NERVE. for starters know your facts the victim is not a gang member apparently you dont know him as well as you think. and theres gang violence everywhere not just that area so i suggest that YOU do some research and know what your talking about before you start talking.

bluenwhitegokart April 24, 2009 @ 12:09 a.m.

Looks like they finally ran cable to Spliff's mom's basement.

bluenwhitegokart April 24, 2009 @ 12:13 a.m.

I was in a gang, once. They shaved our heads (no tattoos, though), and made us wear over-sized green clothing, live behind wire mesh fencing. We all looked the same, sounded the same, at the same food, and kept the same schedules every day. Fortunately, I was able to get out of the gang after 4 long years.

David Dodd April 24, 2009 @ 12:30 a.m.

Yeah, I was in a gang once, too. Spanky and Alfalfa were bastards. They made us make carts for the soap-box derby. Alfalfa was a player, he was cruising on some chick named Darla. We sold stepped-on corn-silk for easy cash.

When the cops killed Buckwheat I got out. It was too much, after the last talent show I took my share of the money and went to Mexico. I still wonder about Spanky and Alfalfa, last I heard they were doing hard time and still controlling the gang from prison.

Bastards.

Fred Williams April 24, 2009 @ 2:11 a.m.

It was difficult to leave the gangsta life, but in the end I had to do it.

Mainlining on broadband, hanging around the Frye's parking lot, checking out system components...oh those were crazy days.

I remember when Java first came out, and everyone tried it and thought it was okay. Then the Java babies started flooding emergency rooms and computer science labs. By then I'd moved onto Cisco.

In the hood, there were two main gangs. The Lins and the Softs. I'll never forget when I saw them meet in the valley. A lot of hard drives crashed that day.

I'm just sayin' cause I'm outa the life now, that you all don't know what it's like living on the edge, hanging with your homies rolling cables, plugging in, getting all gigged up.

It's not the same now, with these kids coming up now. They'll plug into any operating system. They don't even care.

Yeah, it was tough leaving the life, but in the end I'm happy now that I live in a church basement. I'm hopeful that I'll get a job as a convenience store clerk, build my life again. Until then, I'm just staying away from computers as much as possible so I don't get sucked back in.

lallaw April 24, 2009 @ 9:21 a.m.

Bluenwhite-; RefriedG; and, FW: clever...thanks for the smile and the wit. Oh Spliffy don't you know all that huff harms ya boy? Use your powers for good not evil.

SpliffAdamz_ April 24, 2009 @ 9:46 a.m.

The only thing that can harm me is the creator. It's always a good cause to take out evil , just don't think good has to be soft to get rid of evil!!!

Duhbya April 24, 2009 @ 11:46 a.m.

SplifffffffffAdamzzzzzzz: Amerikkkkkkkkkkan Prophhhhhhhhhet.

SpliffAdamz_ April 27, 2009 @ 11:52 a.m.

Duhbya i would be an amerikkkan prophet if i was for amerikkka. But according to amerikkka i'm a terrorist or maybe an insurgant , no wait i'm really part of the axis of evil. You still want my autograph , I'm in PB on fanuel if you want to speak on it!!

Duhbya April 27, 2009 @ 4:18 p.m.

My man Splifffff - he sho do get around! Nasty City to PBeatch in one week with no tern left unstoned! So tell me, SA, you sayin' you AIN'T for Amerikkka? For reals? Then whatchoo still doin' here, bro, takin' up valuable airspace? You know what I'm sayin'? I'm in PB on Law St if you want to sprechen Sie uber es.

SpliffAdamz_ April 28, 2009 @ 9:39 a.m.

The only people taking up airspace are cowards , people with no brains and wannabe chargers fans!! I'm here to deliver a message. What are you here for? Sorry i'm not for ya country that shyts on it's citizens , then makes them vote on it!! Duhbya aren't you a small version of a spliff? I'm in southeast on oceanview blvd where the bloods play at if you want to speak on it!!!

Duhbya April 28, 2009 @ 11:09 a.m.

So now that we've established that you're a taxi driver, we can assume that SpliffAdamz is cowardspeak for TravisBickle? Holy Shyt!! Or is that Holy Sheeite? Nice message, SA.

Fred Williams April 29, 2009 @ 6:46 a.m.

Spliffie the "insurgant" is even more fun than our friend Fumbler...keep the laughs coming!

SpliffAdamz_ April 29, 2009 @ 9:35 a.m.

Not a taxi driver. I got peoples all through out the city , unlike some people who just hide in one neighborhood their whole life. Assuming makes a ass out of you not me , did you not that already duhbya? You say you on law street , but non of my peoples know anyone named duhbya in PB!! I guess that's only your reader name , not the name you use in the city!! I'm in OB on newport if you want to speak on it!!!

SpliffAdamz_ April 29, 2009 @ 11:11 a.m.

It seems everyone gets excited when they see my name , damm i hate groupies!!!!!

magicsfive April 29, 2009 @ 11:23 a.m.

although, kudos, spliff, for your last post being at exactly 11:11.

David Dodd April 29, 2009 @ 11:50 a.m.

Stay tuned for Spliff's next post, at exactly 4:20 ;)

SpliffAdamz_ April 30, 2009 @ 8:50 a.m.

magicsfive you fresh from your hogwarts class? Tell harry potter i said wuz up!! I can't post at 420 I'm busy smoking with osama bin laden!! We planning on how to move our next shipment across the TJ border into SD!!!!

clmtlife May 16, 2009 @ 1:19 p.m.

There have Beengangs in clmt since the late sixties. It of course was different then the gangs of today but still a gang andstill bangin against lv aka little Vietnam. The sureno gang started in clmt in 1990. My family hasbeen in 92117 since 59 so I know what I'm talking about. And the shooter was from lv the tatt said it in his face